How Can I Remove Caked on Salt?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
who was the last grown woman you know or saw washing their vehicle ?

It is really simple......Pull up to the touchless car wash, put in your credit card, pick 1 of 3 wash options, and pull in. The wash takes about 5 minutes and then you are done.

I know this is a hard concept, but it is really easy. One does not even need to exit the vehicle, it is AMAZING. Another added benefit is that you can often find these mysterious car washes at gas stations and even pay for the wash at the pump!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It is really simple......Pull up to the touchless car wash, put in your credit card, pick 1 of 3 wash options, and pull in. The wash takes about 5 minutes and then you are done.

I know this is a hard concept, but it is really easy. One does not even need to exit the vehicle, it is AMAZING. Another added benefit is that you can often find these mysterious car washes at gas stations and even pay for the wash at the pump!

they just don't care it seems like, I bought my wife her first brand new car she was super excited, she has washed it like 3 times in the last 3 years, I wash it for her from time to time but its going to be a rusted out pos in a few more years and she doesn't care either way

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
they just don't care it seems like, I bought my wife her first brand new car she was super excited, she has washed it like 3 times in the last 3 years, I wash it for her from time to time but its going to be a rusted out pos in a few more years and she doesn't care either way

I went through that, I used to give a fuck (wash detail exterior/interior) and then I said fuck it after it would always go back to a shit show.

Then she complain that her car was a mess..........I basically told her I give ZERO fucks.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I went through that, I used to give a fuck (wash detail exterior/interior) and then I said fuck it after it would always go back to a shit show.

Then she complain that her car was a mess..........I basically told her I give ZERO fucks.

Yeah that's pretty much it but mine doesn't complain that it's dirty or ask me to clean it she just doesn't even notice it's a disaster, I have to throw away a garbage bag worth of shit before we take it on vacation every year, the inside is the worst, while I clean my car twice a week, now my truck on the other hand is pretty bad as well

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Final update...

I used my nano skin and ONR clay mixture to hit the entire hood. Plastic bag test revealed a pretty clean hood and even though you could see the stain, you could not feel it. I decided it was etched into the clear at this point.

I busted out my PC with white and orange pads and my Menzerna FG400( love this shit). I hit the entire hood with a white pad which, to my surprise, got most of the damage masked. I hit the problem areas with a orange pad for a bit then hit it with the white pad again for a while. At this point, you would be very hard pressed to find the damage. About 95% fixed. If you look obnoxiously hard, you can barely see 2 small spots (pea sized), which was where the main damage was. I am putting 3 coats of spray wax on top and then a layer of my fuzion wax to top it off. The car looks hilarious now because the hood is perfect and the rest of the car is...well, it looks like it just went through winter.

Here is a before and after. Thanks for the help guys!
82de0c18441089b21e57e54d5a7847e2.jpg
634ec8ccf862043e0ba38ae3015e6222.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Good work man.

I would have went straight with a clay-bar followed up by a yellow or orange/cyan pad to get rid of the salt.

My wife is the same way. She does make the effort to go to the car washes, but, since most of the gas stations near us have switched over to a car-beater instead of a touchless wash, she doesn't go anymore.

A good coating in spring time or sealant will prevent that from happening.

Turned out great bro.

07si

DanJoys brother
Jul 13, 2011
aurora
I am going to do a full detail on her car this spring. I think I might try out that coating that lasts 2 years. I put a good coat of wax on in the fall, but didn't anticipate this kind of abuse to the paint. For the most part, the car still looks pretty good after a touchless wash. Appreciate the kind words man.
What product last 2 years? Would be cool to have something like that for parents cars.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
I think there are a couple of them out there. Check out autogeek.com. CQuartz is one of them. I think they are called ceramic coating or something like that. A step above sealants.

Two of the coatings im familiar with are gtechniq exo and opti-coat glass coating. Both are pretty darn easy to work with. Exo calls for two coats and opti-coat calls for one. All comes down to personal preference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info