Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 10000+

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Speaking of multiple jobs, I heard on a radio that a study showed 45% of people in this country have more than one job.
I thought that was kind of interesting. Higher than I would have guessed.

Maybe because of age and most friends own their business, but I can't think of any one that works 2 jobs??
Not even the neighbor kids??

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
only way to get ahead.. did that for 10 years..
I can see why people would do it. Many to make ends meat. Some to get ahead. Some for the chsllange. Some for the money. Lots of reasons I guess. Just thought it would be a smaller percentage.
Maybe because of age and most friends own their business, but I can't think of any one that works 2 jobs??

I know plenty of people with two jobs. Or side hustles at least. Most do it to just bank more money than making ends meat. But of all the people I know, I doubt it is that high of a percentage.

Just thought it was interesting.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Trust me, I understand why so many do it.
When I got back from over seas, wife with a baby on the way, I worked 4 full time jobs.
double shifts, 7 days a week is not fun.
I wanted to earn my own way, and becoming a POS liberal leech was unthinkable!!!
I used to sleep on the pizza counter at Little Caesars because it was closer to my next job than going home.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

you got poorer folks who are doing it because they need/have to (bet many still vote LIBERAL though (if at all))

then probably a ton of folks who have a little side hustle for 0-100 or 0-1000 a month and that's all it will ever be

then probably the smallest smidge of folks who are trying to start something new and scale up, who start like the one above but work to leave their old job and scale up something big and new.

personally, i'm working at a [decent sized mature] startup now, and i should really have always been doing it. i'll do work over adulting things [like prepping my house for sale right now, or lawn work, or this or that] and no wifey or kids, it just would work out well for what i'm into. which, even at the smaller places i was at, was using my time and talents to earn a decent paycheck - but at the end of the day really making someone else rich.

you can certainly make a good comfortable income working for someone else, but at the end of the day you really gotta do your own thing to make a real major jump.

Thread Info