Hot Rod Power Tour 2014 disscussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
got this email today

We just finished hosting the 2014 Hot Rod Power and WOW what an event.

If you have never participated in this event, make your plans now to take off starting June 5, 2015 - you will not regret it.

While numbers have not yet been released, we were told that this was the biggest Hot Rod Power Tour ever - and we believe them!! It was an awesome experience and we are sure that the event next year will be even bigger and better.

It was a great event at Chula Vista Resort but did some of the participants have delays getting in - Yes, unfortunately.

We did not know that there were going to be anywhere close to the number of cars that showed up. Not only that, there were a lot of spectators who were unexpected in that huge of a volume. So . . . did we learn a lesson for the next big event . . . you bet we did and better yet, we have figured out how to fix it in the future with more points of entry into the golf course. When we host an event of this size in the future, we can utilize up to 6 points of entry onto the golf course to help to eliminate the wait time and that should fix the problem.

The Hot Rod Power Tour is a great event and the people who run it are a class act - plan to join them next year!!

In the mean time, we are looking forward to another great Muscle Car Adventures, sponsored by Kickey Chicago and Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals.

mrfred8

Jun 1, 2013
I took one of the other ways into Chula and it was 10 mins from downtown Dells to parking on the golf course. The problem is more and more people are going to look for alternate routes into venues and it could become more of a cluster F then it already was. Chula has 3 or 4 entrances, they should have had signs and people instructing traffic on which ones to take. They could have had separated spectators from tour cars from cars that still needed to register.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Some numbers released about the power tour

HOT ROD Power Tour records set this year include:
5,828 registered vehicles came out to be a part of the fun
2,071 of these made the entire weeklong trip as ‘Long Haulers’.
3,000+vehicles attended each stop on the Power Tour
15,000+ people attended the kickoff day in Charlotte(Concord), North Carolina
3,497: 2014 Long Haul People on Tour
100,500: 2014 Total Number of Spectators on Tour (approximately)

2014 Car Count Breakdown by Day:
3,591: Charlotte (Concord), NC
3,662 Knoxville, TN
3,483: Charleston, WV
3,379: Norwalk, OH
3,277: Crown Point, IN
3,212: Bettendorf, IA
3,349: Wisconsin Dells, WI

2014 Spectator Breakdown by Day: * Note – event is FREE to spectators so numbers here are estimates:

3,000: Hotchkis Kick Off Party (Friday)
15,500: Charlotte (Concord), NC
15,000: Knoxville, TN
14,500: Charleston, WV
11,000: Norwalk, OH
3,000: Lane Automotive Lunch Stop
11,500: Crown Point, IN
3,000: Heidts Lunch Stop
11,500: Bettendorf, IA
12,500: Wisconsin Dells, WI
100,500: Total Spectators

Read more: Power Tour 2014: A Record-Setting Year! - Hot Rod Magazine Blog
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I blasted the traffic management and venue staff (or lack thereof) in the survey they sent out. One more year like this one and I will stop attending HRPT going forward. There's ZERO reason to sit in traffic for 3 hours when I'm just 1.5miles from my hotel. Unacceptable.

I didn't mind it as much cause rabbit and I got out and had a beer along side the road. But then traffic moved waaay far ahead and we had to walk forever. Was nice to check out the cars on the street tho. Worst part was we only brought one beer:(

Thread Info