Home Battery backups

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Looking to get a battery back up for my internet & router, and possible a tv etc.. for power outages, we seem to be getting a few more then normal lately and just when everything powers back up it power goes down again. Kinda annoying.

So What should I look for? I seen a few surge protectors with a battery back up. Is there one brand, style or model that is better than others?

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil

Here's a good place to start to figure out what size you want / need based on draw and desired run time. Are you looking for something to keep the wifi on for hours or or just a 30 second blip? APC and Cyberpower are probably the 2 most popular ones, but there are plenty of companies that offer them. Depending on what you're looking for you can find used on marketplace and just replace the batteries.

Reactions: frank

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Not fast enough for electronics.

Get an APC or Cyberpower UPS battery backup. Preferable with AVR (auyomatic voltage regulation). Spec it based on needs (wattage) and how long you want it on (run time).

For just network stuff, that shouldn't take up much poweraand something under $100 should keep that stuff on for a while.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Where does it say that? I can't find any documentation on it and I know their other products are not fast enough to be a true ups for computers with zero downtime.
Says it in the video and the specs. I'm seriously considering this system with a few extra packs when we move. The whole house function isnt 0ms, but they say you cant tell. If we move to a natural gas community, I'll just do a whole home Generac and seperate UPS.

Thread Info