Help with a 1997 Integra

Jakeman17

Reaction score
I have a 1997 integra LS. Yesterday I drove to work radio/Clock worked great. As I got to work there was a sqealing in the speakers. I shut off the car and went into work. I got out of work started the car and the clock/radio didnt work and the ABS light was off(usually on). I started checking fuses there is a fuse under the hood called back up that was blown. Replaced the 7.5Amp fuse last night. This morning I figured I would check the head unit wiring to make sure no exposed wires. There was a few of them so I retaped everything. I drove the car and the fuse blew again with no head unit connected. Any one know what the "back up" fuse is connected too??

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
You shouldn't just 're-tape' up a headunit if there are exposed wires.

You should pull the center console/dash apart, and check the grounds/harness, sounds like you have a hack-job radio install in the car.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I think that fuse also powers the rear "back-up" lights when you shift into reverse.
I had an Integra years ago and if I recall, those rear tail lights leak and can get water inside which could cause a short.

Unfortunately, Honda got the bright idea to attach the radio and clock to that fuse as well.

Check the tail lights and back-up lights for water, corrosion, shorts, or maybe a bad bulb.

OP
Jakeman17

Jakeman17

Reaction score
You shouldn't just 're-tape' up a headunit if there are exposed wires.

You should pull the center console/dash apart, and check the grounds/harness, sounds like you have a hack-job radio install in the car.
The radio has a aftermarket harness in which was cut up.

OP
Jakeman17

Jakeman17

Reaction score
I think that fuse also powers the rear "back-up" lights when you shift into reverse.
I had an Integra years ago and if I recall, those rear tail lights leak and can get water inside which could cause a short.

Unfortunately, Honda got the bright idea to attach the radio and clock to that fuse as well.

Check the tail lights and back-up lights for water, corrosion, shorts, or maybe a bad bulb.
Ok thanks I'll check that

C.Evans

Reaction score
The clock, radio, and dash warning lights are probably all in the same circuit, explaining why the abs light went off.

OP
Jakeman17

Jakeman17

Reaction score
It was something with the radio harness I took out radio and put new fuse in and it's been fine all day

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom