Help me find a boat

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve never owned a boat. I have no clue about shit about boats. I literally don’t know where to begin. The wife went on a little trip and she’s got a boat itch. I want one because I’ve been on friends boats and it was always a good time.

I guess my criteria is reliable, low maintenance, hold up to 10 people, and max 35-40k.

What should I be looking at?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Why pay double or triple for new? Granted, you need to check out a used boat thoroughly.

it's not double or triple for new.

contrary to popular belief, boats don't depreciate that terribly.

other advantages to new- two huge ones, much much much more favorable financing & factory warranty's are huge.

some new pontoon brands have 10 year bow to stern E V E R Y T H I N G warrantys... pop a speaker, depth finder goes out, chair base gives up, EVERYTHING.... and THEN.... lifetime structural.

OffshoreDrilling OffshoreDrilling hit the nail on the head. snag the newest nicest tritoon with the biggest motor you can find for the top of your budget and never look back.

especially with the "seriously" after watersports because any 150hp tritoon can pull tubes/skiiers/whatever.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think the last person to argue with about boats would be yajfuckingyak.

:rofl:

im not even trying to argue necessarily but let's roll... lol... there's just so many misconceptions. :rofl:

also. right now is likely NOT the time to buy... wait til two weeks after labor day and all these people who bought brand new shit realize it's going to cost $2500 to store it iin inside heated storage cuz they think that's where they need to keep it

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Bikes are sold the fuck out. Karen and her cunt friends listing shit for 589% over realistic values. Grand Sport Center literally EMPTY of bowriders. Cletus asking $2500 for a 25 year old Warrior 350 with a hole in the engine case.

People are out of their motherfucking mind right now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Bikes are sold the fuck out. Karen and her cunt friends listing shit for 589% over realistic values. Grand Sport Center literally EMPTY of bowriders. Cletus asking $2500 for a 25 year old Warrior 350 with a hole in the engine case.

People are out of their motherfucking mind right now.

bikes, pwc's, sxs, whatever "luxury" powered motor item, you name it. just nuts.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
market's HAWT

It definitely is. One of the guys in my in-laws subdivision has a two year old R series cobalt (forgot model). He said he could sell it for more than he paid for it.

Also I was at bass pro yesterday and their Inventory was really thin on boating parts and accessories. I couldn’t find any Meguiars Marine product in stock.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My dad bought a brand new Bennington Tritoon in 2017 after searching for a used one for a year and half. Not much on the market (tritoon/150HP+) and anything close to new they were asking new prices. Its a 22ft Bennington with a 175 yamaha. Does 45 on GPS and rides great. Its a pretty basic boat but was just over 40K with a trailer brand new. I wanna say below the rub rail has a lifetime warranty. The boat 10 year warranty, and the outboard 7 year warranty?

40K does not get you much of anything new in a I/O.... shit 17/18ft bowriders are probably 40K new with 3.0L motors.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Why do people keep linking 100k+ boats lmao. And 40k not going far is depressing. Boats on the backburner for a bit as I see prices are sky high right now. Plus a deal on a truck to pull it fell through anyway.

but I still have a shit ton to learn. I want something for the family but can also have a few friends on. My buddy has a boat that shoots water like a jet ski and he likes it.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info