• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

🏒 NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I'm at work so I didn't get to watch most of the game but I saw the two Pittsburgh goals in the second. Hawks didn't play to the intensity of the Pens from what I saw. They also didn't get any help from the Refs. I can't believe that hit on Kruger wasn't penalized and then the Hawks ended up on the PK as a result after Scott lit up Engelland.

Win streak had to end sometime. At least we didn't give two points to a team from the West.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
yeah, seemed like some iffy calls ( home town calls ).
krueger did not return to the game ( or at least he was not in the game in the 3rd )

hawks ramped it up in the 3rd. if they had played like that from the beginning then maybe it would have been a different outcome.

it seems like they fall asleep on these 1 hitter east coast trips.

oh well, home cooking tonight

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
uhhhh... what?

Big win tonight...but WTF??

Carcillo has a concussion and he has to wait 7 days from the date of injury without the ability to play in order to be placed on IR. Since Kruger is out with a concussion as well they have to skrink the roster in order to call other players up.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Carcillo has a concussion and he has to wait 7 days from the date of injury without the ability to play in order to be placed on IR. Since Kruger is out with a concussion as well they have to skrink the roster in order to call other players up.

Yea, I looked into it more, it's just a procedural thing. Not like other sports where a player that is IR is usually done for the season.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Minn has finally came back to Earth right when the Hawks are getting hot.
There are 3 teams +13, but the Hawks have played the most games,
so all the news guys are going nuts that they lead the league??
Like we don't understand Bos played 3 less games??

All I care about is they don't have to sneak in to the playoffs last minute again!!
That was way too much stress!!

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Minn has finally came back to Earth right when the Hawks are getting hot.
There are 3 teams +13, but the Hawks have played the most games,
so all the news guys are going nuts that they lead the league??
Like we don't understand Bos played 3 less games??

All I care about is they don't have to sneak in to the playoffs last minute again!!
That was way too much stress!!

unless there's alot of injuries ( rubbing the rabbit's foot ) or some other supernatural event..... the hawks should make the playoffs comfortably.

nothing like getting the blue jackets the day after christmas. Crawford should be in net.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
via nhl.com

NEW YORK -- Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Deryk Engelland has been suspended, without pay, for three games for an illegal check to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger during NHL Game #488 in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Dec. 20, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Engelland will forfeit $9,189.18. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 8:55 of the first period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Engelland will miss games Dec. 23 at Winnipeg, Dec. 27 vs. Carolina and Dec. 29 vs. Philadelphia. He will be eligible to return Dec. 31 at New Jersey.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

You can't beat live hockey, especially when they are finally winning!!
I had season Wolves tickets for about 11 years, and it was awesome.
Perfect way to spend the winter away from racing, especially when they won 3 cups!!
I had boycotted the Hawks for years until dollar bill finally died and Rocky made the team something we could be proud of again!!

Thread Info