Guilty pleasure bands / albums you low key listen to?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also, a few months back, we started talking synth here, and I went on a mini binge.

Perturbator, Droid Bishop, Tangerine Dream, Timecop1983, Kyle Dixon/Michael Stein (Stranger Things soundtrack), Lazerhawk, etc.

New wave synth works for me too.

I'm loving the Dance with the Dead "The Shape" album. Its not really a calm album, but there are some slower songs on it. Its totally got that 80's vibe.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Pink Floyd post Roger Waters departure, in particular "Momentary Lapse of Reason" (Learning to Fly was the hit off that), and then I really like "The Division Bell" ('What do you want from me' and 'Take it back' were the big songs off that one).

The should be ZERO guilt in anything Pink Floyd. One of my favorite bands.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel

I think the key is post-Water's Floyd. Which is really more of a David Gilmour solo project.

I have one of Gilmour's solo albums from the early 80's...very similar. I like it and the newer Floyd albums, but definately different dealios

My current chill fave album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7VfkKlTso

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I think the key is post-Water's Floyd. Which is really more of a David Gilmour solo project.

I have one of Gilmour's solo albums from the early 80's...very similar. I like it and the newer Floyd albums, but definately different dealios

My current chill fave album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7VfkKlTso

Agreed. I still consider the Gilmour stuff Pink Floyd through and though.

High Hopes is definitely top three favorite Floyd songs period. Sounds great in my truck or anything with a good stereo.

https://youtu.be/7jMlFXouPk8

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

In agreement, but there is always this perceived notion that Floyd died after the breakup and that other than Gilmours guitar, there is nothing of substance. Which I disagree with.

"Lost for Words" (which segways into "High Hopes" which of course I think is the best song on the album) on the 'The Division Bell' kinda hits home to me and my relationship with my father.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
There is nothing wrong with the rat pack. Younger people just don't appreciate pre-2000's stuff. Forget pre 1970's stuff. lol My friend's kids talk about the "retro music" or "old school" they are into. It's like late 90's / early 2000's stuff. lmfao

I didn't grow up listening to the rat pack and don't listen to them much. But they had real swagger and were men in a time where men could be men. And women wanted them because of it. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info