3800 grand prix hid retrofits

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by gtp black knight+Dec 13 2005, 10:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DaytonaPrixMI
@Dec 13 2005, 06:14 PM
My Kit is a redressed Phillips Kit. And what is this labor stuff? I just  want the price for the headlight itself?
[snapback]107208[/snapback]​

Sorry but what do you mean? The headlight itself. I'm supposed to take you headlights and mount projectors into them. i have to open your headlights,
fabricate it and make sure it's aligned right and then i reseal them only with
Butyl Rubberized Caulking. it is what OEM manufacturers use to seal front glass and headlamps. i can't use silicone, because silicone sealants are of the corrosive type. then i have to seal them up, and run the headlights threw a water and heat test to make sure there is no condensation. then i aim them to the right height and then i send them back to you. and then you laugh at the people who just have kits, and no optics. "projectors" :)
[snapback]107230[/snapback]​
[/b]

what part of your process makes it legal to put hid's in the stock housing?

Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy+Dec 13 2005, 11:56 PM-->
Originally posted by gtp black knight@Dec 13 2005, 10:52 PM
My Kit is a redressed Phillips Kit. And what is this labor stuff? I just  want the price for the headlight itself?

Sorry but what do you mean? The headlight itself. I'm supposed to take you headlights and mount projectors into them. i have to open your headlights,
Butyl Rubberized Caulking. it is what OEM manufacturers use to seal front glass and headlamps. i can't use silicone, because silicone sealants are of the corrosive type. then i have to seal them up, and run the headlights threw a water and heat test to make sure there is no condensation. then i aim them to the right height and then i send them back to you. and then you laugh at the people who just have kits, and no optics. "projectors" :)

[snapback]107239[/snapback]​
[/b]
if your car did'nt come with hid from the factory then it is not legal
to even put kits in, but people still do. dark window tints are not legal but people still do, having no cat on our gt and gtp are not legal but we still do it so what is your point :p

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
[/quote]

Ok thats good, I am glad you test them and stuff, but I still don't see a need for a labor charge. WHy can't you just give me a price for the whole conversion of the headlight? I guess when I think labor I think you are installing something for me. In this case I want a product, projector headlight, so I would think you could just give me a price since I am pretty sure it takes you the same amount of time to do each one or very close.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by gtp black knight+Dec 14 2005, 01:07 AM-->
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Dec 13 2005, 11:56 PM

to even put kits in, but people still do. dark window tints are not legal but people still do, having no cat on our gt and gtp are not legal but we still do it so what is your point :p
[snapback]107248[/snapback]​
[/b]

Actually, that law was sort of recalled. It is now legal to retrofit HIDs in your car again.

Originally posted by Fish+Dec 14 2005, 10:44 AM-->
Originally posted by gtp black knight@Dec 14 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Dec 13 2005, 11:56 PM

[snapback]107248[/snapback]​

Actually, that law was sort of recalled. It is now legal to retrofit HIDs in your car again.
[snapback]107290[/snapback]​
[/b]
;)

Ok thats good, I am glad you test them and stuff, but I still don't see a need for a labor charge. WHy can't you just give me a price for the whole conversion of the headlight? I guess when I think labor I think you are installing something for me. In this case I want a product, projector headlight, so I would think you could just give me a price since I am pretty sure it takes you the same amount of time to do each one or very close.
[snapback]107278[/snapback]​
[/quote]
ok well if you have the bulbs and ballast, then i will charge you $250 for everything B)

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by gtp black knight@Dec 14 2005, 01:47 PM
ok well if you have the bulbs and ballast, then i will charge you $250 for everything B)
[snapback]107313[/snapback]​

Thats what I needed to know thank you. Now just one other question about this projector conversion. Will it have the fittings for a regular 9007 so I can basically just put the bulb in and line up the notches and go?

Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI+Dec 14 2005, 04:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gtp black knight
@Dec 14 2005, 01:47 PM
[snapback]107313[/snapback]​

Thats what I needed to know thank you. Now just one other question about this projector conversion. Will it have the fittings for a regular 9007 so I can basically just put the bulb in and line up the notches and go?
[snapback]107363[/snapback]​
[/b]

it will have the fittings for d2s. you told me that you have a phillips ballast and bulbs. a real phillips hid set up only uses d2s or d2r fittings.
when you convert to phillips your ballast hooks up with your wire harness.

and your ballast has a cable with the d2s connector. you plug your bulb into the projector, and from the bulb connects the d2s cable from the ballast thus giving you light. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info