đź’¬ OT Glassdoor now consults public sources to identify users

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Couple of extracts, since the article is long:

"But in 2021, Glassdoor acquired Fishbowl, a professional networking app that integrated with Glassdoor last July. This acquisition meant that every Glassdoor user was automatically signed up for a Fishbowl account. And because Fishbowl requires users to verify their identities, Glassdoor's terms of service changed to require all users to be verified."

"Glassdoor now requires your real name and will add it to older accounts without your consent if they learn it, and your only option is to delete your account," Monica's blog warned. "They do not care that this puts people at risk with their employers. They do not care that this seems to run counter to their own data-privacy policies."

In a privacy policy, Glassdoor says, "If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time," but Monica said Glassdoor did not give her the option and stored her name and recommended that she delete her account if she wanted her name removed. This would delete her reviews as well, employees confirmed. In response, Monica continued protesting the data storage, escalating her complaint to a Glassdoor manager who did not prove to be any more sympathetic than subordinates.

"I stand behind the decision that your name has to be placed on your profile and it cannot be reverted back to just your initials or nullified/anonymized from the platform," Glassdoor's manager wrote, confirming that Monica's case was now considered closed. "I am sorry that we disagree on this issue. We treat all users equally when it comes to what is eligible to be placed on the profile and what is not, but we know that there are times our users, such as yourself, may not always agree with us."

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
tom cruise GIF

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
99.9% of the internet offers zero privacy. You know what .1% does? TCG.

Until some ASSHOLE, wont name names, says you entire full name on the site.

fox tv GIF by Last Man Standing

Im gonna have to check now. I dont think I ever registered with Glassdoor, but would surf the site before just to check for reviews.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

darkshadow04

Regular
TCG Premium
Mar 14, 2008
South Elgin
I just went into my profile and saw it lists my full name, employer, and current position. I never filled out that info.

Account deleted

View attachment 201309
I cant even log into their website to deactivate my account without filling all of that info in! It's popping up with non-bypassable windows to even access the website in general.

I'm filling it out with fake info to get to a point to deactivate my account.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
A friend in tech posted this on FB, this is a big boner move by Glassdoor. Anonymity underpins their business model.
I can't imagine a stupider move for this company. If anything they should be going out of their way to make it so posters had as much protection as possible.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Thread Info