Gav Details | P&S Terminator + Carpet Bomber

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
When I removed the driver seat, a giant spill / stain was seen for the first time. I have not removed the driver seat before, so this stain could have been present since before I owned it.
Pretty nuts to think it's been there for 20 years.
I think it's best to wait and post 1 longer thread than multiple shorter ones regarding the projects I'm doing. Even updating the owner thread with pictures will get lost.
I will add pictures there in time. But since there is a video reviewing products, I decided to post it here.
For now, check out the video. These products are pretty good. Issues with TLDR ? Here is a before and after:

Here's the video:

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be better u comparing off the shelf products vs products from autogeek? Like simple green or some other carpet cleaner from let’s say autozone and showing what these products do compared to the more expensive products.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I see this guy always posting videos

Example he tapes off a center console sprays his product and uses a brush well no shit it’s going to work u are using a brush. What would have been impressive he sprays it and just wipes it off. That’s where the comments of water and Carwash soap and a brush can do the same thing.

I always like the vs or what couldn’t take stain out but this is what works.

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Heyyy this looks pretty close to home having just had my bird stripped to the bone and having my friend thats just gettin into details do my carpets while they were out, she used a cheaper steam cleaner, a soft bristle brass brush and some sort of coconut oil based stuff and got most of the same lookin stains out but they didn't look near that good (glad for ebony carpet and the seats covering it up. Would you mind if u shared your video with her cuz this stuff looks bomb dot com and would probably make her life a whollle lot easier.

Also I kinda figured these stains were from spilled soda or something but you said you only drink water in yours and I don't know the history of your car to know if it's from someone prior. Or is this just an fbody thing and maybe some kinda rust and dirt nonsense comin up from under the console cuz both mine were just as bad almost identically in the exact same spot on both sides. Maybe it's another thing a guy should pull out clean up and drop a layer of sound mat under? Anything to keep these things as nice as possible it's not like we'll ever get anymore of em.

OP
Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
I do research ( which includes reading posts on other forums, manufacturer websites, watching videos from both the manufacturer and independent parties ).
Once I find something that I feel confident works, I buy it for my own personal use. The point of this video is to show that someone doesn't need an extractor or other specialty tools to clean their carpets.
I don't post videos here to try and sell products. If someone wants to use simple green or blue coral upholstery cleaner for their application then that's great.
If I had a real beater or a vehicle I did not care about, I may be more inclined to test out all sorts of off the shelf products. To be honest, YouTube is flooded with detailing channels that test cheap vs expensive or set up their videos for 50/50 comparisons etc. That's not what I'm trying to do.
If anything I'm documenting the improvements to my car.

As for pricing, a ready to use carpet bomber costs $9.95 and Terminator $9.70 / Not exactly breaking the bank.

OP
Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
Heyyy this looks pretty close to home having just had my bird stripped to the bone and having my friend thats just gettin into details do my carpets while they were out, she used a cheaper steam cleaner, a soft bristle brass brush and some sort of coconut oil based stuff and got most of the same lookin stains out but they didn't look near that good (glad for ebony carpet and the seats covering it up. Would you mind if u shared your video with her cuz this stuff looks bomb dot com and would probably make her life a whollle lot easier.

Also I kinda figured these stains were from spilled soda or something but you said you only drink water in yours and I don't know the history of your car to know if it's from someone prior. Or is this just an fbody thing and maybe some kinda rust and dirt nonsense comin up from under the console cuz both mine were just as bad almost identically in the exact same spot on both sides. Maybe it's another thing a guy should pull out clean up and drop a layer of sound mat under? Anything to keep these things as nice as possible it's not like we'll ever get anymore of em.
Share away.
History on my car is it is a 1998 and I bought it in 2002 and currently has 76k miles. This is an obvious spill and not rust from underneath. Once the carpets are clean, a fabric guard can be used to help prevent stains if something is spilled.
Gtechniq offers I1 smart fabric

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Share away.
History on my car is it is a 1998 and I bought it in 2002 and currently has 76k miles. This is an obvious spill and not rust from underneath. Once the carpets are clean, a fabric guard can be used to help prevent stains if something is spilled.
Gtechniq offers I1 smart fabric
Appreciate it! I figured mine were spills too considering where they are but I'm never surprised with these things anymore. Always love a pretty one that's been well taken care of

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
What would you recommend on the carpeting from the dried snow/salt crud right at the threshold area?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
^This! Whenever I clean the floor mats, they always turn into crusty/stiff boards. I don't know what I'm doing, but it never feels the same once I get them washed, they always get stiff.

OP
Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
He mentions cutting back to ratio if the stains are not bad. This will help with the smell.
Following with a typical carpet cleaner will help with the smell.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Thank you. Even though I had husky liners in the newer burb, it rolled off the edges and is all stiff and nasty.

OP
Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to the passenger side. Hopefully the pictures upload in the correct order.
If you want more clean carpets, don't forget to check out Mooks Vag thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom