Gas prices in your area ?? Makes me think about my hobby sometimes...

O

oohsoobad2

Jumped another .10 today. 2.65 for the truck, 2.85 for the Mustang. Im thinking a Hybrid will be in my future in the next few years. On AOL opening page yesterday their was a brief story of a guy who was an elctrical engineer and spent $3000 modifying his Hybrid Primus. He managed to get over 80 mpg on the highway.

I drive less than 15 miles a day to work and back but my wallet has definately felt the rising cost.

O

oohsoobad2

2.85 for premium here as of Monday afternoon. The prices have actually forced me to drive my GT more. Even though it takes 93, it gets much better milage than my work truck and doesnt leak gas like my ugly, no good, POS work truck. Sorry trucks' been a headache since I bought it.

Doug02GT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
May 22, 2004
What is everybody getting mpg? I am shifting at 2K everytime and no speeding around and I just got 21mpg.

What's worse that gas prices? I just found out day care will be like $800 a month. I dont have any kids but I was checking out prices for the future. :eek:

O

oohsoobad2

The cost of everything in the whole damn world seems to be getting out of control. It makes you wonder where or if its gonna stop. Gas was up .10 again today. 2.75 for 87 octane. I have never had a desire for a motorcycle, but Im seriuosly considering it for next summer. 45-50 mpg compared to 20 mpg at best and a bike would pay for itself in no time.

O

oohsoobad2

Vobraman said:
$3.07 last night for shell....race gas still $3.99 at speedway

Really ?? I havent checked on race fuel in a few years. I'll have to see how much Cam2 is going for around here.

On another note... I read a story today that says gas in Iraq is $0.05 a gallon!!! What did we go to war for ?? We need to get on that sh*t !!! Since the USA will be responsible for Iraqi freedom, I think we should be the exclusive customer of Iraqi oil !!

boo

Regular
Jul 12, 2005
I was crusing around on the bike today and saw 3.15 for premium, hope it doesn't rain anytime soon......

The car might be taking an early retirement this fall.

The government needs to do what it did last time gas prices got outrageous, they need to repeal the tax on it for a few weeks. They collect over .60 on the gallon tax.

03mineralg

Doug02GT said:
What is everybody getting mpg? I am shifting at 2K everytime and no speeding around and I just got 21mpg.

What's worse that gas prices? I just found out day care will be like $800 a month. I dont have any kids but I was checking out prices for the future. :eek:
Tell me about it. For my two kids day care is 1200 a month, and on top of that, natural gas prices will be skyrocketing again just in time for winter when you need it. I dont know how one parent can stay home anymore and still live a comfortable life with all the goodies you want.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
03mineralg said:
Tell me about it. For my two kids day care is 1200 a month, and on top of that, natural gas prices will be skyrocketing again just in time for winter when you need it. I dont know how one parent can stay home anymore and still live a comfortable life with all the goodies you want.
yeah, I heard about natural gas going up too :(

on a good note the premium has gone from $2.99 a gallon to $2.85 a gallon
and seems to be dropping a little bit everywhere around here, I know it is wishful thinking and all, but I am hoping for it to go down to where it was and stay at least :dunno:

O

oohsoobad2

dohc97 said:
I just payed 3.20 a gallon in the city :(
Lets all move to iraq.......

My dad works downtown and my parents live in Belvidere, near Rockford. My dad and I always talk about gas prices and I cant believe how much cheaper it is out here. His boss gave him a gas card years ago so he's covered there but we're wondering how long that'll last. I think he drives 150 miles round trip.

Gas was down slightly here today 2.73 - 2.93. There is a Mobil in town that has premium .05 cheaper than any where else, even other Mobils so it should be 2.88. I'll get gas for my GT even though I wont be driving it all weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info