Fun daily drivers under 8500??

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
There are gxp's that are ls based. I don't like the 60* v6 platform as the bottom end in mine decided to grenade at 108k miles for no reason. Mine was great for the last 8 years but I don't wish to have another.
all gxp gps are ls based, but beyond the engine they have a host more problems than a regular 3800 car, heck they arent much faster either, not much a simple bolt-n L67 could handle

as 10sec said, dont even compare the 3400 to the 3800

do some research but lots of people love their 3800 cars as DD for the power and mpgs and value you can get in a car, for that money you can get a pretty damn clean 04+ comp g i'd imagine!

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
As stated before I really do not care about performance, racing, engine mods, ect. The car is going to be driven back and fourth on my 75 mile trip for work every day. Something that looks halfway decent and is reliable is really all I care about. I am not getting a gtp.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
As stated before I really do not care about performance, racing, engine mods, ect. The car is going to be driven back and fourth on my 75 mile trip for work every day. Something that looks halfway decent and is reliable is really all I care about. I am not getting a gtp.

I said GP... Get a GP GT or SE before you get a Scion. My first and favorite GP was an SE, base model pimpin' homey.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Lemme test drive yours steve?? I thought honda's were known for burning oil, any other issues with them?

I would mind if you drove mine around for a bit, but mines not a type-s. It's actually a base auto. I have driven a fair amount of the type-s though, and I can tell you that it's a much better (and more fun) car to drive than mine. Mine never had problems burning oil, and as far as I know, two of my other friends with type-s's never had problems with them either. Not sure if there were many other HUGE issues. The K series is a pretty solid platform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info