Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by zooomer@Dec 30 2004, 10:40 AM

Steve showed you this in person Ed and the filter which was filled with the metal from the gears. This problem has happened to me with 2 intense difs, Ken with one and many of our customers with them. That is why it is specifically listed on our site as an issue we don't warranty:

[snapback]65812[/snapback]​

I thought the intense LSD was supposed to be bullitproof. :ph34r:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My ignorance??

Dude, get off your knees already, and take a real good look. I thought when someone makes a part, you reinforce EVERYTHING.

But what do I know. :rolleyes:

Another thing. Im tired of you, Lee, and anyone else affiliated with intense giving me shit. If you have a problem with somone stating an opinion, or asking questions, or pointing out the obvious, Im sorry you think that way.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the fuck over it.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I'll keep giving you shit until you post something that makes sense. Not one LSD maker reinforces the side gears, you cant do that, unless you have them custom made, which in turn would make the unit cost a couple grand. Also fish, please show me where it says that LSD is bulletproof.

Anyways, what happened to the first two rebuilds? It cant be blamed on a differential every time.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Not only that those gears look very good. And a little wear on those gears isn't going to blow up your trans. Something else busted, Jet I would ask to see the trans and the broken parts before forking over any money to Zoomer and crew. This sounds like something that they are tring to push off onto you. Hope you get this taken care of, I would even think of bringing the LSD to Intense and have them take a look at it. See what they say. Maybe post on 3800 tech and ask them if slop is normal or how much is justified.

I

imported_GraFFix

Well this thread took a crap real quick...to many touchy people with biased opinions around here.

If you want to fight and argue then do it through email or PM's or clubgp dont do it on this forum. if you can talk rationally about the subject without name calling and acting like an ass then im all for it thats why the forum is here.

dont like it? tough..im sick of the crap i have to sift through to get to the real subjects. And im sure everyone on the forums dont want to read through this crap either.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by GraFFix@Dec 30 2004, 01:33 PM
Well this thread took a crap real quick...to many touchy people with biased opinions around here.  dont like it? tough..im sick of the crap i have to sift through to get to the real subjects. And im sure everyone on the forums dont want to read through this crap either.
[snapback]65840[/snapback]​

Don't kill this thread. There's some very good info in it if you're willing to sift through the 1 or 2 "bitch posts". I can totally understand how some peeps are pissed and it doesn't bother me. There's a lot of money/time/inconvenience at stake here and I appreciate the fact JET is willing to let us all see how this gets resolved. People should be allowed to vent when this stuff happens. Is anyone else bothered by this or do they find it informative like me?

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Dec 30 2004, 01:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GraFFix
@Dec 30 2004, 01:33 PM
Well this thread took a crap real quick...to many touchy people with biased opinions around here.  dont like it? tough..im sick of the crap i have to sift through to get to the real subjects. And im sure everyone on the forums dont want to read through this crap either.
[snapback]65840[/snapback]​

Don't kill this thread. There's some very good info in it if you're willing to sift through the 1 or 2 "bitch posts". I can totally understand how some peeps are pissed and it doesn't bother me. There's a lot of money/time/inconvenience at stake here and I appreciate the fact JET is willing to let us all see how this gets resolved. People should be allowed to vent when this stuff happens. Is anyone else bothered by this or do they find it informative like me?
[snapback]65844[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ohh, im not going to kill the thread. I do appreciate the fact that JET is posting about his misfourtune. Personally I wish more people posted about the problems they have. would make things alot easier on other people trying to decide which route to take with their vehicle. posts like this are what we need as consumers in this GP community. what we dont need are the "1 or 2 bitch" posts as you put it to ruin the thread. I find this very informative, but not when the thread gets sidetracked and people start name calling and other crap. we dont need that.

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
The ZZP trans is covered for 90 days unless you buy an extended warranty. We do warranty the stock dif even during this 90 days. We do not warranty intense differentials or the damage they cause. The intense dif is the #1 liability in a trans as far as we are concerned and therefore we will not warranty damage related to their use.

Steve does go over the parts including differentials when doing a trans. He doesn't disassemble any aftermarket difs but gives them a look over. I'm assuming that 2 months ago he didn't see anything wrong with the dif. Part failures can happen quickly, I once had an intense proto dif self distruct in a matter of weeks and it clogged the filter in this same way. Once something starts going it can self distruct fast. The gears in the dif are physically loose. You can wiggle them around. Obviously there is material missing there. The shaft is wasted as well. This clogged the filter and with no pressure the trans quit. Steve said that the entire rest of the trans looked good and was fine with the exception of metal shavings everywhere.

Ed, you didn't pay full price for your 1st trans (the car's 2nd). The unit was no longer in warranty and I don't remember what failed but we redid the entire trans for quite a bit less than our standard price. I don't recall what the original owner paid for or what we did the 2nd time around which is why I want to talk with you voice.

This time ZZP didn't charge you anything. I had you go directly to Steve for payment and he only charged you $700 in and out for fixing it. Converter was replaced per our recommendation and of course the dif needed to be replaced. Those items had to be purchased. I realize you are upset because you've spent some money but we have taken care of you pretty well IMHO. Do you know how angry it makes me to have to listen to people bitch about ZZP trannies and how they treat their customers all over an intense part failing?

Intense has experimented with changing the hardening level of certain stock parts in the dif, moved material to make room for clutches and preloaded the difs so they are under load all the time. We feel that doing all this with stock parts in a stock case makes them weaker than stock.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Dec 30 2004, 11:52 PM
INTENSE doesnt sell complete transmissions anymore, but if you bring your car there they will do repair/buildup work to it. It actually comes out cheaper this way because only the parts that need to be replaced or upgraded are changed, so you arent paying for stuff you dont need.
[snapback]65883[/snapback]​

how does the warranty work for that?

plmrass

Regular
Nov 9, 2008
Ok maybe its just me here but am I the only one that thinks its funny that nobody knew Jets name till now?? He was all incognito nobody knew his name till zooomer came on here and said Ed!!!! Its like one of the tv shows where they dont tell you his name till the last episode.LOL Ok maybe its just me?? I just thought it was very interesting??? :lolsign: :lol: :lolsign: :ph34r:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Judis Preist....I hope you get it taken care of. I apoligise for not getting into detail on this. I read through this rather quick. But it would seem painfully obvious the the nature of the failure or componant should be liable for the rebuild.

Correct me if im wrong but why would ZZP use a componant/LSD they wont back up?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info