Found a blackberry phone on the ground...

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
id sell it too if i found it but verizon is as said, gsm so the info is locked into and pointless to sell. if it was a sim card fone then why not.
Cause of comments like this I think of switching over to Verizon. I lost my razor back when they first came out with ATT (cingular at the time), never got it back and I know exactly where I left it. An employee of Bouna Beef stole it, I have since not been at a Bouna Beef again. If it didnt use a SIM card, the phone may have been returned as it would be no use for the person that found it.

She said it was a $500 phone new so he's lucky that it was returned. who the hell spends $500 on a phone. wtf.

As said above, just cause its worth $500 doesnt mean it costs that much. With a 2 year contract these phones are at least half price, sometimes as cheap as $100 bucks. But otherwise, I agree... I would never pay $500 for a phone.

Oh also, with your insurance theory, as someone else said earlier, most of these high-end phones are not even offered insurance even if you wanted it. My blackjack 2 years ago was not offered with any kind of insurance.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Owner of the phone was a member of MWIR.net:

Recently thought I lost my phone, so I had insurance and got a new one. Then the same day the phone was shipped, I found mine. So I have a brand new in box Blackberry Storm for sale. This is a $500 phone. Im willing to let it go for $250. I know its only $200 when you start up a contract, but if you feel like paying $50 less for a 2 year contract then go for it. $250 obo. Thanks.

p.s. These phones go for over $300 on CL.

http://www.mwir.net/forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=93&t=48564&qpid=498337

I stopped in a verizon store near my house this morning and they got the phone working and checked out the serial number. it was reported lost/stolen. They looked up his name and info so he can come pick it up at the store. She said it was a $500 phone new so he's lucky that it was returned. who the hell spends $500 on a phone. wtf.

its only 200 with a new accnt or a upgrade. i got a 650$ one but was only 200.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Cause of comments like this I think of switching over to Verizon. I lost my razor back when they first came out with ATT (cingular at the time), never got it back and I know exactly where I left it. An employee of Bouna Beef stole it, I have since not been at a Bouna Beef again. If it didnt use a SIM card, the phone may have been returned as it would be no use for the person that found it.

if you knew your IMEI number you could've reported it stolen and it would've been flagged.
you can view the IMEI number, on most phones by entering "*#06#". so even if you don't get the phone back, the scum bag that took it can't use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info