Netflix Formula 1: Drive to Survive

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Just finished. What a fantastic documentary series. Looks like it’s continuing as well for this coming year. I love how they explore different teams and show different struggles.

Really wish they would have done more with Mercedes and what made them so unstoppable, but I’m guessing they really didn’t want to play ball with the film crew as much.

Reactions: Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just finished. What a fantastic documentary series. Looks like it’s continuing as well for this coming year. I love how they explore different teams and show different struggles.

Really wish they would have done more with Mercedes and what made them so unstoppable, but I’m guessing they really didn’t want to play ball with the film crew as much.

I'm sure Mercedes doesn't want to let ANY of their secret sauce out into Netflix. There's got to be so much proprietary stuff going on in that team to keep it on the winning edge all the damn time... they just don't want cameras around. I get it.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is super interesting, i know it's not uncommon for Ferrari or Mercedes to spend $300m+ per year on f1. I can't imagine how much of an impact this will have for them

For the first time ever, Formula 1 will introduce spending restrictions to make the sport fairer and more sustainable. A cost cap will be set at $175m per team, per year, and applies to anything that covers on-track performance – but excludes marketing costs, the salaries of drivers, and of the top three personnel at any team.

The F1 cost cap will end the growing spending gap between F1’s big spenders and those with fewer resources, and the on-track performance differential this brings.
READ MORE: What is the 2021 F1 cost cap and how will it be enforced?

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
This is super interesting, i know it's not uncommon for Ferrari or Mercedes to spend $300m+ per year on f1. I can't imagine how much of an impact this will have for them

last I read it was estimated that Merc spent 600mil euros on the F1 team. it will be interesting to see how the FIA keeps these teams honest to the spending cap and when teams are caught what the FIA will do.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Paul - how do you watch Formula racing most often?

How? For F1 usually record it on my DVR from ESPN or stream it from the ESPN app. Formula E races are usually on Fox Sports but the coverage is awful so I usually just wait until they put the races up on the Formula E youtube channel

Little disappointed we didnt get to hear from Kimi

Come on he had one line!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It was so perfect too.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
It’s better to see a race in Europe or the UK if possible. F1 really isn’t big here in the US. If you can id recommend a street course or Silverstone.
Yeah, some people think I have money but let me assure you I do not :D Hell going to TX sounds too expensive for me! I would love to go to a handful of the euro races though. Wish I could have back in the early/mid 2000's when the cars were insane 20k RPM monsters!!

Thread Info