Ford is mulling cancelling the Fusion, Focus, and Fiesta in the US

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You gotta click the "continue...." to get to it. I got yelled at too a few weeks back when I got the vag link.

Anyway, I think this is awefully short-sighted of fomoco, but market drives demand and right now, no one can build enough cute-ute's fast enough to meet (female) demand.

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
I hate that I had to hear about it in the news first.

I also hate that they won't bring the Mondeo Wagon to the US (Fusion wagon):
https://res.cloudinary.com/carsguid...-Mondeo-Titanium-wagon-white-1200x800-(1).jpg

I am one of those weird people that likes wagons, especially slightly faster ones. I don't like small cars to begin with, but the I liked the 2017 Fusion titanium I drove for the better part of last year. Aside from a few little tuning quirks it was plenty fast for a daily - make it an AWD wagon and I'd buy one.

But no, they won't do that, so I have to be content with walking past one of the M-plate Mondeo wagons every day.

Actually, I think I hate people in general because they are buying Flex's instead of a wagon like this. And that they are buying SUVs and Camry's instead of a car like this. Because a Camry is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I could go on... but I think that's enough for now.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I hate that I had to hear about it in the news first.

I also hate that they won't bring the Mondeo Wagon to the US (Fusion wagon):
https://res.cloudinary.com/carsguid...-Mondeo-Titanium-wagon-white-1200x800-(1).jpg

I am one of those weird people that likes wagons, especially slightly faster ones. I don't like small cars to begin with, but the I liked the 2017 Fusion titanium I drove for the better part of last year. Aside from a few little tuning quirks it was plenty fast for a daily - make it an AWD wagon and I'd buy one.

But no, they won't do that, so I have to be content with walking past one of the M-plate Mondeo wagons every day.

Actually, I think I hate people in general because they are buying Flex's instead of a wagon like this. And that they are buying SUVs and Camry's instead of a car like this. Because a Camry is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I could go on... but I think that's enough for now.

I was in Detroit/Dearborn last year, and saw a Mondeo Wagon driving down the street, and got instantly angry that they don't offer it here :fu:

Also, I own a Flex. No one buys Flex's :rofl:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The EPA has different standards for cars and light trucks, with the trucks having lower standards. I suspect ditching cars helps meet the CAFE standards.

The Focus is a "global" car. Doesn't makes sense to build it for elsewhere, but not sell it here.

There were going to be stricter gas mileage regs that Trump has been trying to ditch too.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
right, i agree... especially with how much infotainment bullshit all these cars are getting, i feel they are going to go the way of android v apple... where once you learn some system like sync or mylink or uconnect or whatever, you feel like you want to stick with it because "it's what you know"

I feel with android auto and carplay use more, this will be a thing of the past. Especially once it goes wireless.

I don't think so.

My wife's vehicle has factory android auto/apple carplay and she hardly ever uses it... my truck has an aftermarket android auto head unit and i use it when im driving further distances occasionally...

you still have to have the interface to input the information, something that so many manufacturers keep fucking up.

Use it. I love the shit out of my carplay. Hell I barely charge my phone at night anymore cause Ill just charge it in my car on the way to work since Im doing carplay anyway.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I feel with android auto and carplay use more, this will be a thing of the past. Especially once it goes wireless.

Use it. I love the shit out of my carplay. Hell I barely charge my phone at night anymore cause Ill just charge it in my car on the way to work since Im doing carplay anyway.

I love Android auto. I use it every day on my way to and from work. Its awesome running Waze on the in dash display. I won't drive my Mustang to work now because I like Android auto in my Escape so much lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Yeah. I still don't feel that way. You're tech savvy, most people aren't.

And dude... I've had it for over a year and a half now.. i just don't care :rofl:

this is like when everyone told me to use android/google pay or samsung wallet or whatever... and how it'd be life changing.

welp used it once.

don't care.

technology just to have technology is pointless to me. it's really not doing anything extra i NEED

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Wholly shit, thank you!

I don't need all this shit. I want the days of dumb phones. I don't need Alexa or whoever to listen to my voice commands (I mean seriously, how lazy have we become, not to mention, you have to remember the exact phrase for the "skill" you want), I don't need a fridge with a screen as big as a TV in it to surf the web while I get some milk.

Just a regular AM/FM stereo works just fine. I usually have it locked on one or two stations anyway, and it's just on for background noise and so I don't need to listen to all the squeaks and creeks coming from a nearly 20 y/o truck.

So yea, technology just to have technology... No thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info