đź“° Auto News Ford and Tesla Charging Partnership

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Its smart business. I'm sure Ford has to pay some sort of licensing fee, which sets up a nice steady revenue stream at 100% gross margin for Tesla.

On the flip side, Ford pays licensing fees and gets access to the best charging network and doesn't have to incest significant capital in building out a network.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
This will be good for Ford owners and bad for Tesla owners. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen. All the other manufacturers need to follow some sort of standard, but they all thing that their plug and charging system are better that the others for some reason.

My brother in law recently bought an electric Kia and said he's been cussed out by Tesla owners for taking up "Tesla" charging spots. :ROFLMAO: Fuck 'em.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The $75k 2022 model y owner waiting for three mach E's and a better optioned $65k 2023 model Y to finish charging.

cover4_new_1200x768.jpeg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Teslas easily have like 100x more EVs on the road than any other manufacturer. I haven't been to a charging station that has been completely full yet. This won't even be noticeable.
That really depends on where you are. They definitely fill up around here. Indy doesn't have a lot of charging but a decent amount of EVs. Apparently DC is really bad.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It should of been a standard from the beginning.
This, a standard should have been defined as a requirement from the beginning. Now we've got so many different standards that the people who own those stations would drag their feet on converting them if a standard was made official.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I just saw this post on the one Tesla group I'm on. The original poster was complaining, but then all the Tesla people seemed to jump on him saying its a good thing for everyone, so as a whole, they don't seem too salty at all.
These Telsa groups are filled with the biggest dinguses on the planet. I swear most of them have never owned a car before.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Everyone should have standard ports and a standard coloring scheme notating max charge rate, similar to how gas has colors/octanes.

This way you can color code charge stations so a car that charges at a slower rate is easy to identify for the owner based on the charge port color. Charging stations could also color code to allow longer parking spaces for slower charging vehicles and "fast lanes" for high charge rate vehicles.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I have seen people whine about how the chargers are used. So there is usually at least 1 charger off to the side that's designed for use when towing a trailer. So you can pull forward into it. Well people thag don't have a trailer use it a lot. Then the trailer pulls in sideways at the other chargers and blocks 4-5 other chargers. There is definitely not any sort of etiquette, as most people are new to it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I have seen people whine about how the chargers are used. So there is usually at least 1 charger off to the side that's designed for use when towing a trailer. So you can pull forward into it. Well people thag don't have a trailer use it a lot. Then the trailer pulls in sideways at the other chargers and blocks 4-5 other chargers. There is definitely not any sort of etiquette, as most people are new to it.
Sounds no different than when I wait at a gas station with only one person using it because the dumbass liked the only pump with a yellow handle. There is no etiquette or common sense ANYWHERE.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info