Ford and Shelby about to announce the new GT500?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It will probably be another gay Shelby GT, like they did in 07.

I think this is most likely what it is. They have been showing pics of the development car for months now.

Do we really need to hear that much tho? Take the 350, slap more power on it, gt500. Done.

It better be more than that.

xMAtrJ1.png

Redirects to their trim page...for now.

Been that way since last year.

I doubt it's the real-deal big boy Ford produced GT500 when Shelby American is launching it with the "help of Ford Motor Company". Plus, the wheels are exposed and they look...um..vaginal? Still interested tho. 2017 is the 50th anniversary of the GT500 so I would expect they it will only be a short matter of time before we see it. Since the GT350 has splined front hubs, I'm venturing to guess it will have AWD and even more power than the Hellcat. GTR 2.0 from Ford?

4800 pound AWD mustang. No thanks.

Someone else suggested a 350 hertz edition.

Interesting. But not so sure about that one. No Hertz hastag.

I doubt the powerplant will be different, nothing wrong with the 5.8 TVS Setup, i could see a much more refined suspension though

What? hahahaha The 5.8 TVS set up was outdated when it was introduced. Other than the liner coating of the block it was nothing more than a last attempt to make the 5.4 worth while.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
and im pretty sure he meant the twin turbo 5.0 cobra jet NOT the gt500 or a shelby car.......

mach1, boss 302, parnelli jones, bullitt, whatever the fuck the cs crap was, roush, saleen, gt350, gt500, super snakes, cobra, cobra jet, king cobra, and shelbys are all different but hey whos keeping track?

:dunno:

:iorofl:

im sure im missing another 3858673757 versions of special edition mustangs :rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Enticed by the new suspension and Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't think I've read any test of the Ford Performance suspension option. Is that something 15-16 owners are buying?

Probably not most of the ford performance suspension I've seen didn't look nearly as nice as bmr stuff but it's about the same price or more than good aftermarket stuff

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
$1,500 for all of this doesn't seem that bad. Depends on how aggressive it is over the base track pack, I guess.

Handling Pack Includes:

Assembled Front Struts and rear shocks M-18000-F
Track Lowering Springs M-5300-Y
Performance Pack Upper Strut Mounts
Jounce Bumper Kit M-5570-B
Sway Bar Kit M-5490-E
Performance Pack Rear Toe Links
Toe Link to knuckle Bearings M-5A460-M

M-FR3A-M8.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
and im pretty sure he meant the twin turbo 5.0 cobra jet NOT the gt500 or a shelby car.......

He said Super Snake so I took it as the Shelby American modded Super Snake. If he meant CJ he sure didn't say that. And yes, the 2015 Shelby built Super Snake did come with a 5.0.

Enticed by the new suspension and Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't think I've read any test of the Ford Performance suspension option. Is that something 15-16 owners are buying?

Some guys are buying it but I have not seen any real back to back track data with that kit. Most are buying that kit because it has the only aftermarket option for shocks & struts so far. Koni, Tokico and others say they are close to releasing their offerings soon.

The FRPP kit is probably great for most people out there that want better handling and never hit a road course or autocross. The springs are not very stiff, the shock valving matches the springs well and the sway bars are only two way adjustable. So there isn't much to adjust with the kit either. Want a little better handling than the Performance Pack offers and less of a bouncy ride then this is the kit for you. Want to have a corner carver, that will see track time and offers more adjustability? You will piece a kit together once shocks and struts are released.

I believe [MENTION=6298]Jeffs FRC[/MENTION] has the FRPP kit on his car. But I don't know if he has even put any miles on it since he installed the kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info