Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ohh noes......:roflio:

0c8806d99e329b12ec8eaefa5a0c5589.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
WHEN I THINK FUN I THINK FORD EXPLODER...... said no self respecting auto enthusiast ever.

Not that I ever side with you-know-who. But to be fair, until the TBSS came out, I don't think anyone said the same thing about a trailblazer either.

ANd what makes the TBSS have "correct AWD" versus the AWD in the Explorer? Please explain the technical advantages the TBSS AWD system had, please.

Since most people don't tow or need a full frame I can see this being popular. The Explorer already sells well and I can see them being fun. More option in all Ford vehicles by adding another option? I say ST them all. I also believe I read somewhere that the ST will just be replacing the "sport" options on most of their vehicles.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not that I ever side with you-know-who. But to be fair, until the TBSS came out, I don't think anyone said the same thing about a trailblazer either.

ANd what makes the TBSS have "correct AWD" versus the AWD in the Explorer? Please explain the technical advantages the TBSS AWD system had, please.

Since most people don't tow or need a full frame I can see this being popular. The Explorer already sells well and I can see them being fun. More option in all Ford vehicles by adding another option? I say ST them all. I also believe I read somewhere that the ST will just be replacing the "sport" options on most of their vehicles.

i never said the tbss was fun? :rofl: i was poking fun at "when i think fun i think suv"

the engine faces the correct way in a tbss = correct AWD.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What does the engine orientation have to do with the AWD system?

I think a TBSS or ST Explorer would be more fun than the base model. I hated my bosses base TB but kind of enjoyed my buddies TBSS. It has some power and didn't have a wishy-washy suspension. It definitely felt more sporty. If I was going to own an Explorer or TB I would want the SS or ST. I don't enjoy driving a boring vehicle every day. So if I needed a SUV the ST might fit the bill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info