For Sale - DSG 03 Cobra

For Sale:
One dark shadow grey '03 Cobra. Purchased new, now has 83,000 miles on it. Engine never opened.
2.93 pulley with tune by Hermann
Borla Stinger cat-back
chrome 18" 00R wheels
Kenny Brown street cage 6-pt
Trans rebuild from RPM Trans in Indy - fully polished internals, bronze pads and shifter bushing, billet keys
3:50:1 rear end with T2-R torsen
solid bushings and heim joints throughout the suspension
MM race-3 coil overs set up for road course

bugaboos:
Engine fails compression test, but does not knock and does not smoke. Starts every time, runs fine.
Previous bodywork repair bubbling on passenger side quarter
Hood and front bumper cover damage from deer strike

Car is in Westmont.

$15,000 obo

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
#8 has 0 compression [100% leakage on the leakdown test] but Im pretty sure its either a burnt valve or a bent valve hanging up in the valve guide. i dont know; i didn't open the engine up to look. it still runs fine so I still drive it every day. its just down on power.

i'll post pics in a bit; car still looks fine more or less :)

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
By chance is your car parked next off of Chicago ave ? I think I almost cut you off in that parking lot in my white f250 7.3 PSD last week when I was dropping off some scap aluminum. Dam place is hard to turn around in. Just wanted to say sorry about that and car looked nice from where I was sitting!!!

Best of luck. Someone will be getting a awesome deal!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
By chance is your car parked next off of Chicago ave ? I think I almost cut you off in that parking lot in my white f250 7.3 PSD last week when I was dropping off some scap aluminum. Dam place is hard to turn around in. Just wanted to say sorry about that and car looked nice from where I was sitting!!!

Best of luck. Someone will be getting a awesome deal!

Yup, that's me. I run the small trucking company next to the scrap yard. Didn't notice you so I don't think you were bearing down on me too hard. :)

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
sounds like a seat came out of the head

I've been driving it that way for 20,000+ miles. If that were the case, the seat would have to have disintegrated and blown out the exhaust. I swear I would have heard it pounding the snot out of the head...I swear...

the engine doesnt knock, and it doesn't smoke. it just feels down on power, and take a few more cranks than normal to start, is all.

Thread Info