From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im on a boat..............

swimming-car-float.jpg

gotta love when it rains hard. i got to work today and 4 cars were towed in over the weekend. first was an 05 pacifica. the owner ran into 4ft of water and locked the engine up. pulled the upper intake and dumped a gallon of water out...lol
second was an 07 escape...same deal. snapped a rod in half and punch a hole in both sides of the block....oops.
third up was a CRV that drove into water, busted the radiator, overheated the car, and blew the head gasket.
last up was a 02 buick park ave. hydrolocked engine, pulled the plugs, blew the water out, changed the oil, and the customer drove away. :rofl:
people need to understand that their car is NOT a boat.

Where are you working at now dude? A dealer? I'm almost done at COD (finally) and I need to get some kind of job in the automotive field, even if it's a porter just so I at least have some time in somewhere when I get my degree. Hook a brotha up :jg:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
if it were my car that's what i'd do, then straight to carmax.
the owner still owes money on the car. why you would ever owe on an escape is beyond me, but they are now getting a $2800 re-man engine (no scrap yard had one available), and $1700 labor to install. lucky for them their insurance covered it...

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
It sucks to lose a car to a flood.

Yep.

Lost one of mine to a flood back in May 2003. The insurance company FINALLY totaled it out June 2003 (Friday, the 13th), after "realizing" that it wasn't "fair" to not offer full coverage on a "flood titled" car for which I still owed money ... that the lender REQUIRED full coverage.

This time around, though, we had no flooding in our area ... even though it always floods when we get heavy rain....

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Chances that a fool takes, never knowing when to stop" ... Johnny Lee ... 'You Could've Heard A Heart Break'

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info