Firewall Adjuster/ Clutch Quadrant Help

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
JD, it isn't that bad... you should be able to find some good instructions. The hardest part is removing the stock quadrant, but keep in mind, that you WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN! After that it's a breeze. When you remove the cable from the FW, you may need to grind a little to get the FW adjuster in the hole... notice I said grind, not polish (INSIDE JOKE).

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
JD, it isn't that bad... you should be able to find some good instructions. The hardest part is removing the stock quadrant, but keep in mind, that you WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN! After that it's a breeze. When you remove the cable from the FW, you may need to grind a little to get the FW adjuster in the hole... notice I said grind, not polish (INSIDE JOKE).

Like he said. Its really easy. To get the stock quadrant off just give it hell cause you dont need it. Theres two cotter pins holding it in. The easiest way is to take the driver seat out takes 2 minutes. Then lay down and look up at it and use some pliers and/or a screwdriver and give it hell it. :headbang:

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
im pretty sure fiore which is known for the best, would make a cable if you needed it. I dont think they make one.

From a website...

The hook on the "Fiore" Clutch Quadrant is set at 90 degrees so that the cable end does not "kink" at the point the ferrule is crimped onto the cable. The hook on standard "quick-release" type quadrants is placed at an angle greater than 90 degrees, which will cause this "kink".

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
has anyone had issues with the fiore clutch quadrant only having one hook?

i was talking with some people and they say that with the stock cable u need the second hook which the fiore quadrant doesnt have.

Not that I have ever heard. Actually u want to run the single hook wich is the quick release dont run the double hook. I run the single and its great. But thats just my opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info