00303_bAv0w0R0m3s_600x450.jpg

buford_MSU.gif

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ford guys, thoughts on this

2006 Used Ford F-150 XLT at Conway Imports Serving Streamwood, IL, IID 15809918

my van's trans is on its way out FAST, thinking of going down to 1 vehicle. needs to fit 3 car seats and have cargo room. needs financing, and go.

that specific generation of F-150 is known for 'spitting plugs'. (mid 00's 5.4 Triton)

Being JUST shy of 100K miles; its likely due for a tune-up, so the spark plugs could either strip or break off in the head during that.

If you make them do a legit tune-up on it (Plugs, and Diff/Trans/Xfer case fluids) with some level of like 3 month warranty, that would be an excellent price for an excellent truck.

Being a "Shade Tree" dealer, and not a franchise, its possible it was purchased at auction with 'spat' plugs, and they had the heads Helicoiled to flip the truck (reasonably common). If so; you'd want proof of the repair, and some level of guarantee on it.

Outside of that issue, I don't think these trucks are especially problem prone. I feel like the ones I've worked on went through brakes a little faster than I'd expect? but nothing world ending.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
that specific generation of F-150 is known for 'spitting plugs'. (mid 00's 5.4 Triton)

Being JUST shy of 100K miles; its likely due for a tune-up, so the spark plugs could either strip or break off in the head during that.

If you make them do a legit tune-up on it (Plugs, and Diff/Trans/Xfer case fluids) with some level of like 3 month warranty, that would be an excellent price for an excellent truck.

Being a "Shade Tree" dealer, and not a franchise, its possible it was purchased at auction with 'spat' plugs, and they had the heads Helicoiled to flip the truck (reasonably common). If so; you'd want proof of the repair, and some level of guarantee on it.

Outside of that issue, I don't think these trucks are especially problem prone. I feel like the ones I've worked on went through brakes a little faster than I'd expect? but nothing world ending.

those don't spit plugs, they have the 2 piece bullshit plugs. the lower part welds itself to the head and break off when you try and change them. with 100k miles i doubt that truck has had it's plugs done yet.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
those don't spit plugs, they have the 2 piece bullshit plugs. the lower part welds itself to the head and break off when you try and change them. with 100k miles i doubt that truck has had it's plugs done yet.

So I was close! I know those were the 2 issues (Spitting plugs, or breaking in half).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info