Fatal Crash Wheaton on Butterfield

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Apparently you don't remember that you made that post before that info was known.

Regardless, people suffering from severe hypoglycemia act exactly like that. Many people have been arrested for suspicion of DUI when they were actually having a medical emergency. People suffering from hypoglycemia also emit a fruity aroma in their breath, that's easy to mistake for alcoholic beverage aroma. Same with strokes and aneurysms, people really have no control or idea what they're doing.

What the fuck are you on about? Brian Thunderkick deserves to rot in Jail, and even that’s too good for him. I was one of the very first people in this thread back in October who was aware of his prior convictions. This hits home on many levels, this fuck should be hung.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
So, a person with a health condition that apparently isn’t following the safety regulations before driving to make sure their levels are normal is justified when they kill someone by driving erratically?

Please stop being an internet justice warrior and open your eyes. This person had previous incidents and knowingly got in a car. This killed someone that had their whole lives ahead of them.

Not you dasfinc, Mr Righteous above.

Oh, comparing a stroke is nothing like this. I’ve had close friends and family members have strokes. Hypoglycemia attacks almost never kill people. Strokes do. Strokes render the person immobile and cause paralysis among many other near fatal things. The person is almost never the sane.

The major issue with hypoglycemia attacks is depriving your brain of fuel typically cause confusion, aggressive behavior and sometimes seizures. This is found of more pronounced and severe cases.

Alright, I'm not going to defend that guy with "what ifs" and whatever. I just want to set a couple things straight with the effects of hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia and stroke.

Hypoglycemia: one of the FIRST and most recognizable signs is altered mental status, and can very easily be mistaken for inebriation in its early stages, not just late. Petit Mal seizures can also occur in the early stages, grand mal are late. This does not present with acetone (fruity) breath. This can develop suddenly.

Hyperglycemia: Basically the opposite, your blood sugar spikes. Presents similar to hypo, but the altered mental status is late stage and add the acetone breath. (also know as Diabetic Ketoacidosis) This takes longer to develop.

Stroke: Presentation can be unpredictable depending on the location of the stroke, can present with profound altered mental status and no motor deficits, vice versa, or a mix of both.

All 3 can and commonly are mistaken for inebriation.

*edited to remove the quote, wasn't really directed at a single reply*
Again, don't care about the dead killer guy, just getting some facts out there

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Alright, I'm not going to defend that guy with "what ifs" and whatever. I just want to set a couple things straight with the effects of hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia and stroke.

Hypoglycemia: one of the FIRST and most recognizable signs is altered mental status, and can very easily be mistaken for inebriation in its early stages, not just late. Petit Mal seizures can also occur in the early stages, grand mal are late. This does not present with acetone (fruity) breath. This can develop suddenly.

Hyperglycemia: Basically the opposite, your blood sugar spikes. Presents similar to hypo, but the altered mental status is late stage and add the acetone breath. (also know as Diabetic Ketoacidosis) This takes longer to develop.

Stroke: Presentation can be unpredictable depending on the location of the stroke, can present with profound altered mental status and no motor deficits, vice versa, or a mix of both.

He was doing 135mph in a 45mph zone, in a heavily congested area (around Danada in Wheaton) AND he blatantly said that he "wanted to see how fast the care could go..." if I recall.

I don't care what can be mistaken for what...

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL

What is your background? Are you a doctor, EMT, Nurse, etc?

Do you or your immediate family have experience with stroke and hypoglycemia?

Curious as your perception on stroke and results of hypoglycemia seem to be strongly compared as very similar.

I know you are not defending the guy, but, this incident had nothing to do with either of the symptoms we are talking about.

This guy was on barbiturates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info