- May 23, 2007
- Reaction score
Cause now you can.
The turbine-powered Batmobile Tim Burton's version of the Batman is probably one of the best Batmobiles ever made.
- Exact replica of the 1989 Batmobile from the Tim Burton film starring Michael Keaton as Batman.
- The car is titled and registered for the street.
- It is powered by a 400hp Boeing turboshaft engine from a drone anti-submarine attack helicopter.
- It drives the rear wheels through a 4 speed semi-automatic transmission and runs on Jet A fuel or Kerosene.
- It operates similar to the Y2K motorcycle owned by Jay Leno or the Chrysler turbine cars of the past.
- The engine idles at 20,000rpms with a maximum speed of 40,000rpms.
- Regular maintenance requires only simple oil changes and keeping a trickle charger on the batteries.
- Replica Browning machine guns are legal to own. They fire blanks from oxygen and propane at the push of a button and do not have a receiver to load ammunition into.
- The body is very strong composites and traces its lineage direct to the movie car.
- There are no other replicas that are actually turbine powered as portrayed in fiction.
- This is genuinely a one time only opportunity for the ultimate replica.