Engine Hours Discussion

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thought there was a thread for this already, but couldn't find it. I know there was a bunch of discussion on engine hours vs. mileage, but can't find it.

Just wanted to report in that my 07 Silverado (GMT900) rolled 5000 hours at 188,862 miles. If my maths are correct, that's 37.77 miles per engine hour ( DEEZUZ DEEZUZ is that correct?). Hoping to get 10,000 hours before the body completely rusts and rots away.

46EE0FFD-A8A7-4D9F-AFDB-BB3D624B7F5C_1_102_o.jpeg

955440F9-E90F-4B2F-ADFD-8D7438128C63_1_102_o.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
And I just don't get it
Itā€™s hilarious. Nearly 1/4 million miles on my old Yukon and only issue was once the cold hit the intake manifold gaskets would leak till warmed up. Changed those and worked fine. Fucker also got 20 mpg highway

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
My caprice had dod shit replaced at some point before I got it. Also showed remnants of rocker arm failure. Found needle bearings in the pan and a side plate on the cross member. It has something like 10k idle hours and 110k miles on it. Hoping thatā€™s enough for some gaped rings for boost.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I mean they all ate cam and lifters Right
Sounds like a good excuse to put a bumpy stick in it to me. I know I've seen quite a few that have gotten new engines over it though. Or they burn oil when the dod actuator thing starts to shit the bed.

I'm more worried bout boilin the brown fluid in the 60e pulling stuff all over hell but so far it keeps doin it

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Having driven a truck with the tsp stage 2 in it I was pretty unimpressed. Didn't really feel much different than stock and to me wouldn't be worth the effort unless it was a had to kind of thing. I've kinda got my eye on the btr torque cam, truck Norris or just flat out go to a 6.2 if the day ever comes. Anyway I can try and gain a little bottom end and keep it reliable for what I use it for.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Having driven a truck with the tsp stage 2 in it I was pretty unimpressed. Didn't really feel much different than stock and to me wouldn't be worth the effort unless it was a had to kind of thing. I've kinda got my eye on the btr torque cam, truck Norris or just flat out go to a 6.2 if the day ever comes. Anyway I can try and gain a little bottom end and keep it reliable for what I use it for.

It was my first cam slam in a LS, and knowing what I know now I'd have gone bigger. It seriously only seems to help above 5k where the stock cam seems to stop wanting to rev. I also took 020 off the heads to help torque production along with going 112 lsa on the cam. Still a dog. I'd like to think the 6l80 trucks do better with the extra gears.

I have the btr stage 2 in the Yukon with a converter and more timing than our 08 and it does way better. Even a small converter helps these out a ton. As soon as the trans needs to come out I'm putting a converter in the 08.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info