• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

E85 timing and AFR question?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
How much timing are people running with their E85?

Also, what AFR should I be shooting for when I am at WOT and also at a normal driving speed.

Thanks

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm hovering between 18-20* of timing with my 2.8" pulley, still not getting any kr but i don't plan on adding any more timing at this point. My car is non-i/c'd.

I would shoot for as lean as you can get but don't go over 12.2-12.3 that's asking for trouble. For my DD tune i like to set it at 11.6-11.8 but when i hit up the track in a couple weeks i'll probably be around 12.0-12.1 give or take.

Hope that helps!

TommyGloves

Reaction score
On my SSEi, I'm currently running 11.8 afr with 19* of timing with a 2.8 pulley (max boost is 13.5psi). I still need to monkey with the tune. On the street, it's running great with minimal blips of KR <1* for a line or two on my scan logs every once in awhile.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
nah, it's oxygenated yes, but running it richer than gasoline has no positive effects. Leaner=better in this case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom