• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Driving Mode Selector - Won't go to track mode

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Over the last year, the Driving Mode Selector on the Mustang has been finicky. On cold starts, it wouldn't let me change it from standard, but eventually it would once the car got warmed up. But now, it won't let me go into Track Mode...ever. I can drive in Sports mode all day, but I get the "Driver Mode Not Available" when I try to get in Track Mode. Anyone else here ever have that problem? I did a little research, might be electrical or related to exhaust leak...which I might have...car has been excessively smelly upon start up.

I was thinking that maybe I'd start with a factory reset of the car and then re-load the tune.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Over the last year, the Driving Mode Selector on the Mustang has been finicky. On cold starts, it wouldn't let me change it from standard, but eventually it would once the car got warmed up. But now, it won't let me go into Track Mode...ever. I can drive in Sports mode all day, but I get the "Driver Mode Not Available" when I try to get in Track Mode. Anyone else here ever have that problem? I did a little research, might be electrical or related to exhaust leak...which I might have...car has been excessively smelly upon start up.

I was thinking that maybe I'd start with a factory reset of the car and then re-load the tune.

Any other dash lights?

The BCM was replaced on my 2018 Mustang because it got wet along with water in the passenger side fog light housing.

BCM disabled all modes besides normal. And trac control was off and and ABS lights were on too.

I believe everything is tied into that BCM.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Focus RS has the same issue with the electronic exhaust valve. If it gets stuck it disables anything but the default drive mode. Annoying as fuck.

WTF does my AWD have to due with my stupid exhaust bypass valve! Fortunately there is a cheap way to bypass it with a plug. Get the valve open, shut the car off, disconnect the plug from the valve and plug in the simulator.

Sometimes it makes me want to bash Ford's head in for stupid shit like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info