• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Driver's side wiper stopped moving

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
Yeah, so that was a fun night. Was heading back from Joliet the other day, and my driver's side wiper is acting like it is loose. I checked the nut at the base of the wiper and it was tight.

So any idea as to what may be broken and how to fix it?

TIA,

Foster

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Could be linkage under the cowl or somehow the nut loosened up and it spun on the shaft.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, dont know what the exact problem was, but the fix was replacing the arm. I'm assuming there are splines on the arm and they probably just stripped. Happened during a rain storm no less.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to tear into the cowl when I get a chance and it's warm enough.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd see if the arm is loose first. You may be able to save the splines by just tightening it. Worked on my cousins pile 'o shit range rover

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom