HBO / MAX Doom Patrol - Season 3 - Premier 9/23/2021 - HBO Max

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
9/1/2021 - Changed the thread title to reflect Season 3.

Didn't see a thread on the first season on Doom Patrol, so kicking off one for season 2...

Season 2 premiere Thursday, June 25 on DC Universe and HBO Max.

ā€œThose annoying, feckless losers that I live with? Are my family.ā€ If you donā€™t know Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero)ā€”she of the 64 different personalities, each with its own superpowerā€”itā€™d be easy to miss just how heartwarming the sentiment is. After a first season that saw Doom Patrol bring together its disparate group of outcasts (Brendan Fraserā€™s garrulous Robotman, April Bowlbyā€™s Elasti-Woman, Matt Bomerā€™s Negative Man, and Joivan Wadeā€™s Cyborg) into something vaguely resembling a team while rescuing their mentor-turned-betrayer, Niles Caulder (Timothy Dalton), the new season has seemingly very clear stakes. Milesā€™ daughter is back, and she possesses a power that threatens to destroy the world, a looming cataclysm that has spurred every decision Caulder made, including creating the titular team of oddballs.

The trailer reintroduces everyone, though some characters get more of an emphasis than others, especially Bowlbyā€™s Rita, who has made some real progress with her powers and looks to finally try and step up in heroic fashion. (Though not before failing to use her stretching abilities to hang a disco ball on the ceiling; ā€œIā€™ll get a ladder,ā€ she tartly concedes.) The first season expertly blended pathos and outsized hijinks, so itā€™ll be interesting to see how the series continues to delve into the troubled psyches of our heroes now that theyā€™re explicitly in more of an all-for-one-and-one-for-all mindset. It already looks like great fun, from miniature Cliff punching a rat (letā€™s not forget, they were all shrunk at the end of last season) to Nilesā€™ daughter making a getaway in a literal spaceship. Thereā€™s even a brief shot of good olā€™ Flex Mentallo! This show has been missed.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Reactions: Pro Stock John
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SpeedSpeak2me
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list