Don't sink my battleship! *member's ride*

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Hard to believe boat season starts in chicago in exactly a week. It’s been fucking freezing until the last few days. There are already a bunch of boats in the harbor. I’m going to get out to my piece of flaming dog doo this weekend and get started on some work.

Having second thoughts about selling it, it’s in need of work either way though. I could keep it in storage for a year just to take a break, keep it in portage for cheap (if slips are available), or just cash out and start over when/if I decide on another boat. Decisions decisions.

At a minimum I need to cover up the rear cabin floor after cutting a bunch of holes in it last year to remove rot. The POS wood floor in the cabin needs to come up too. A couple of the planks delaminated and it all needs to be ripped up. Pretty sure the floor is rotting underneath that shit too. Going to pull it up, drill about 10,000 holes and epoxy it all in to give it strength then lay some residential waterproof flooring over it all.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Hard to believe boat season starts in chicago in exactly a week. It’s been fucking freezing until the last few days. There are already a bunch of boats in the harbor. I’m going to get out to my piece of flaming dog doo this weekend and get started on some work.

Having second thoughts about selling it, it’s in need of work either way though. I could keep it in storage for a year just to take a break, keep it in portage for cheap (if slips are available), or just cash out and start over when/if I decide on another boat. Decisions decisions.

At a minimum I need to cover up the rear cabin floor after cutting a bunch of holes in it last year to remove rot. The POS wood floor in the cabin needs to come up too. A couple of the planks delaminated and it all needs to be ripped up. Pretty sure the floor is rotting underneath that shit too. Going to pull it up, drill about 10,000 holes and epoxy it all in to give it strength then lay some residential waterproof flooring over it all.

Its been a long winter. Looking at past FB/IG posts I was already enjoying boating season and my grass was green and looking great by this time of year in the past. I would only do repairs that would possibly bring more money at the time of sale obviously. I would cover the aft cabin floor and call it done. Honestly I would look into how much it would cost you for summer storage verses a slip in Portage. If you have the boat in the water it will be a lot easier to sell and you would probably recoup the extra "storage" money. Not to mention might be able to enjoy the boat more. But putting it in the water can also open the door for more problems. See what Millers does about selling on consignment. They might store it for free if you put it for sale through them.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Its been a long winter. Looking at past FB/IG posts I was already enjoying boating season and my grass was green and looking great by this time of year in the past. I would only do repairs that would possibly bring more money at the time of sale obviously. I would cover the aft cabin floor and call it done. Honestly I would look into how much it would cost you for summer storage verses a slip in Portage. If you have the boat in the water it will be a lot easier to sell and you would probably recoup the extra "storage" money. Not to mention might be able to enjoy the boat more. But putting it in the water can also open the door for more problems. See what Millers does about selling on consignment. They might store it for free if you put it for sale through them.

Kind of in the mindset of the fact that I already own it. The only expense from here on out would be summer and winter storage again. I know for a fact I’m going to end up in another boat. End of the day I’m going to walk away with $5-7k in my pocket and that’s about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info