Difference in 04+ GTP over 01 Buick Regal?

So I'm about to pick up an 04 GTP. I have a ton of parts from my totaled 01 Regal I'd like to use on the GTP. What are the major differences between to two and tuning wise whats different? I know the 04+ cars have drive by wire, also returnless fuel systems. Whats that mean as far as putting my 340lph fuel pump in and hot wire and 60# injectors in it? And i assume the turbo setup from my regal should be a pretty simple swap into a 04 GTP right? Thanks guys, I've never owned or messed with any 04+ 3800's. I also have my front ATS Brembo's and rear GXP's. id like to put them on it too.

Here is the shitbox haha

41F05B20-71AE-4F33-8F2B-A9F0A7D300A2.jpeg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if its an early or late 04 will mater.... check that it has 3 connections at the fuel filter (same place as 97-03, there's just two going into the filter inlet and one outlet for the in cannister FPR thats plumbed differently from the late 04/05+ with only the evap and single fuel pressure nipple on the cannister. both will take the pump. you may want to go to a return system or not. ifr tables are a little hinky compared to the older cars....FP does change in relation to the tank evap leak tests when the stystem draws the tank down under vac (since the FPR is in the tank its like connecting a vac line to an ext FPR.

so you will want to disable those tests for driving/datalogging to prevent erroneous data

be prepared for a new DBW TB or at least the pedal sensor, these cars fail/glitch really slowly and do so for quite some time before it wears out enough, you notice it actually stumble by this point youve probably knocked the hell out of it during all the glitches as the TAC and PCM do not diagnose the PPS/TPS traces....only circuit integrity. i have controlled the 90mm dbw with the 3800 TAC..

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I forget the years, but transmission range switches were external then went internal( or vice versa)
correct in 03+ they are reffered to as IMS Internal Mode Switch where the earlier cars had an external range switch or Neutral safety switch

also only use your knuckles to push buttons the oils in your fingerprints and your finger nails eat the thin rubber button coatings like fucking piranha's on a chicken leg....good luck ever finding a minty 5 button DIC

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
No need for the hood. But I will have to figure out the fuel system. I pulled my entire fuel pump/sender assembly from my regal that I put a 340lph pump in. And the hot wire. Id like to use all that stuff if possible.

I put the AEM e85 pump ZZP sold in my 04 with no issues with a Hotwire and a voltage booster, FWIW.

Reactions: TurboTPI
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info