Diagnosis help please

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
i <3 james's knowledge.

x2 :jg:

Thanks again James for helping me figure out the problem. The guy I got the alt from has a good relationship with Dispatch and said he will have no problem getting it replaced. I am, however, going to bump it up to a 250amp alt just to be overkill.

...and...yeah... while he was here one of my guys was returning a dealer detail and the front drivers tire came flying off on Irving at 30mph and hit an oncoming car. lmao Luckily the first cop on the scene was a reg customer and the girl driving the other car had a warrant out for her arrest. I loved how james' first response to me telling him about the wheel was "well i dont have my jack with me, but if u have 2 rubberbands, a paperclip and a donut I can fix both vehicles in 20 minutes." :rofl: j/k

PAF, cleaning up the streets, one tire at a time!

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
ive had nothing but problems with optima batteries over the years, mainly because once they were dead, they were DEAD. i feel they are a WASTE of money, they dont provide anything "better" than a napa premium or orbital would offer, so why spend the extra change? a few years ago they were bought out by johnson control, which at this time they went to total shit, their warrenty was cut in half, and 9 time out of 10 your normal household battery charger will not bring them back.

ive brought some optimas directly to their distribution center in bensenville, and they were absolutly NO HELP with the situation.

i now buy the cheapest battery i can find, and ive never had a problem yet.

Optima batteries. Nothing but junk. We had a ton of issues with them when we carried them.

Shameless plug: The DieHard Platinum battery is 25% stronger than an optima of the same group size and is the best battery on the market...... just sayin normal retail is 199. tcg price is 159.50

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i looked around for info regarding the YF2 amulance package which includes dual alternators (looks like it was avail with the gas and Dmax units) but the most i can find is it was a ~1000$ option, maybe if you went into a dealer and bugged the parts guy you could find more info regarding the brakets/etc...
but this looks like a good alternative https://www.dcpowerinc.com/gm-vortec-dual-alternator-bracket.html

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad-244.html

check em out. they have some good shit. easier and prolly cheaper than a dual alt...and less wires.

idk if you remmeber when i came by with the camaro and you said the rear end made tons of noise (cause of the suspension)

couple weaks later i broke the shock bolt on a launch :-D hmm i wonder if it was loose before! good ear ;-)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
WHAT?!? where the fuck did you get it from again? i remember you telling me it was expensive but thats normal for a high output conversion...not a damn stocker

it only cost me 90$ for a full rebuild of a ultra small frame nippondenso alternator (and hard to find parts for) to be fully rebuilt with a 40$ new rear cover even! at morton grove auto electric. came with a 1 year warranty...its still here 1.5 years later and it was on a diesel apu running ~8-14 hours a day the whole time charging the truck battery's and a 2500watt inverter

give em a call and see what they can do 847 394 1698

crunk has a point even cheeper to rebuild em yourself, though im a bit leery of non local suppliers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info