Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

After originally thought to be arriving in theaters in November 2018, the release of the Dark Phoenix trailer confirmed a rescheduling to February 14th 2019. However, that date too has now been scrapped and the movie pushed back to June 2019. Reports of reshoots taking place muddied the waters further and led some to question whether or not there were fundamental problems behind the scenes causing these delays.

Kinberg has now explained the real reason for the date changes. In an interview with Collider (via CBR), Kingberg argued that reshoots are very much standard practice for Hollywood blockbusters now and roughly explained what parts of Dark Phoenix needed extra work.

“Mostly we focused on the third act, both emotionally and in terms of the physical scale and the action of the third act that we adjusted. And then there were certain things in the first two acts of the movie - very few things, but to set up those changes in the third act we had to adjust some things in the first two acts so that that all was fluid and felt consistent.”

https://screenrant.com/xmen-dark-phoenix-delay-explained/

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
This is the synopsis currently on Wiki:

In 1992, nearly a decade after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse, the X-Men are national heroes going on increasingly risky missions. When a solar flare hits them during a rescue mission in space, Jean Grey loses control of her abilities and unleashes the Phoenix, a powerful entity made of fire and rage and Denti Moore beef stew.[3]

Sounds like it will be a hearty movie!

It's very infrequent that I actually see people taking liberties with Wikipedia. Though I'm no comic book nerd, maybe that is some obscure fact about Dark Phoenix.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've found wikipedia good at healing itself to the point of being annoying, ie. i have perfectly valid seeming edits and added information, yet some editor yanks it out. part of the reason i don't edit (like, once every five years) is because i know it's such a pain in the ass to make anything stick.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Boy this movie is getting destroyed :rofl: currently at 20% on RT.
download%20(6).jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info