Custom slammed wagon

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
So it’s not a car, but it’s got wheels and it’s pretty bad ass if you ask me.

I wanted to do something special for my sons first birthday, so rather than just buying him a toy or doing something he’ll never remember, I chose to build him a custom wagon. Started as the old wagon my parents bought me when I was his age. After a couple weeks of planning, measuring, cutting, welding, cussing, throwing wrenches and tools, burning myself... you get the picture. He’s got a one off wagon he can roll around the shows with now. Pretty happy with the outcome. What do you think??

Started with this, the one I did the work on is the one on the left. Bought the new one incase I screwed it all up lol

Started getting the body all cleaned up. Some spots could be better now that I look at it, but I’ll build version 2.0 to make up for my flaws

Picked up paint to match the Nismo. Layered on thick with a shit ton of pearl!

After the first mock up, I realized i need some new wheels and measured out everything I’d need for the project

Family hardware store trip!!

And then it was time to break out the welder and get to work. Pretty easy welds considering they were all butt and lap on flat steel.

Best wife ever! Had to stop progress for a sandwich break lol

After one day of planning measuring cutting and welding, we got the start of a frame.

Day two went over great. Got the frame and all other components in paint and ready for install. By the end of the day, we were rolling!

Got some custom graphics for it. Seemed fitting for the build.

Needless to say, he and mommy both love it. Got some tweaking to do, but it’s 99.999% there!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, that last picture of him in it all smug is the best one! :rofl:

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
Check out Brat Rodz on Instagram he does cool shit like this. Well done

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Awesome Man, Rad Wagon!

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Very cool, but I gotta ask, what hardware store has shopping cart escalators?

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Next, is bagging it!

I’ve got some designs drawn up for the next one. Since I didn’t screw up the static design, I’m ready to up the ante a little. It’s gonna be a long winter in a cold garage lol

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Next one needs a seat and a cup holder

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I’ll be working on another one this winter. Told my fiancé I needed to one up myself. It’s gonna be a little more wild than just lowering a wagon. Thinking full custom suspension, steering, wheels... the works. She’s started comparing me to Tim Taylor, for those of you who remember Home Improvement...

boost21

Reaction score
Awesome! I literally am in the process of doing the same thing right now! I like the simplistic approach to your wheel mounting opposed to how others have done it!

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Awesome! I literally am in the process of doing the same thing right now! I like the simplistic approach to your wheel mounting opposed to how others have done it!

Thanks! I’ve got something more complex in the works. Just wanted to test my engineering skills on something smaller than I usually work on for the next one

boost21

Reaction score

SinisterZJ

Reaction score

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
That's badass!

...need more pics of the wife in it :mamoru:
Ill tell her she needs to do a shoot for the wagon lol. Time to break out the camera after the kid goes to bed. Lets see how well this goes ._.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom