Current State of the Market

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So I finally received the title for my Rubicon after paying it off. I'm close to listing it for sale and have started to look at SxS', mostly the Talon. It looks like even 2019's are going for MSRP.... I was used to at least a $3-4K discount on older models. I most likely won't buy anything until the spring but how long will this last?

Reactions: 1MEANGT

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I finally received the title for my Rubicon after paying it off. I'm close to listing it for sale and have started to look at SxS', mostly the Talon. It looks like even 2019's are going for MSRP.... I was used to at least a $3-4K discount on older models. I most likely won't buy anything until the spring but how long will this last?

hit up abernathys. if you want a 2 seater you should have easier luck than a 4 seater.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That is interesting.

There was another dealer up in Minnesota that came really close to their ludicrous pricing. I cant remember their name rn.

it legit seems like they did a find and replace of every mention of abernathy's on their website and replace it with i69 motorsports :rofl: so maybe just a name change?

Reactions: Jon01

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1601665595710.png

Reactions: Jon01

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The market is the way it is because of COVID. If I were you, I’d list your Rubicon like yesterday... demand is high because people are looking for stuff to do that isn’t sitting in a bar or venue and supply is low because of plant shutdowns.

Sell your machine now and wait until next spring once this (hopefully) blows over and get a machine for the prices you’re used to.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The market is the way it is because of COVID. If I were you, I’d list your Rubicon like yesterday... demand is high because people are looking for stuff to do that isn’t sitting in a bar or venue and supply is low because of plant shutdowns.

Sell your machine now and wait until next spring once this (hopefully) blows over and get a machine for the prices you’re used to.

I think it's chilled out to be honest... Supply has caught up.

Reactions: Outlaw

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

That's my plan. I just got the title so I'm going to try to get it up soon.

I think it's chilled out to be honest... Supply has caught up.

So far, not from what I've seen. Hopefully by spring it will.

Trying to sell and "R" in Wisconsin has to be almost impossible. The state width restriction is 64", the R is 68. That's a car for out west.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Trying to sell and "R" in Wisconsin has to be almost impossible. The state width restriction is 64", the R is 68. That's a car for out west.

my bro was up with a group of guys and they got pulled over last weekend and the cop/ranger/whatever wound up measuring their widths...

what inventory are you guys not seeing? i can find anything i'm looking for it seems...

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
my bro was up with a group of guys and they got pulled over last weekend and the cop/ranger/whatever wound up measuring their widths...

what inventory are you guys not seeing? i can find anything i'm looking for it seems...
Southern Powersports in Chattanooga is probably the biggest solely Honda dealership around. They usually cut their prices way down on the last years models. So a 2020 Talon that retails at $19,995 would usually be some where around $16,995. Right now on their site they are $19,295 and they have zero 2021's or 4 seaters.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Southern Powersports in Chattanooga is probably the biggest solely Honda dealership around. They usually cut their prices way down on the last years models. So a 2020 Talon that retails at $19,995 would usually be some where around $16,995. Right now on their site they are $19,295 and they have zero 2021's or 4 seaters.

did you fill out a price request?

what about this one:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So, no. I haven't requested any actual prices. That being said, seeing 2020's at MSRP is discouraging. Why pay new prices for a 1 year old unit that already depreciated?

but that's just the advertised number, fill out some price requests? make some calls.

they have to advertise for a certain amount of time at whatever price the vendor tells them to...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean shit, :rofl: right off the chattanooga website:

Due to Honda's new Minimum Advertised Price policy (MAP) - We are not allowed to "advertise" anything other than Honda's MSRP price for select models on our website (excluding power equipment). We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but rest assured, your time spent to Request a Quote from us at Honda of Chattanooga will be worth it. To get our current Honda Motorcycle, ATV, Side by Side, Scooter prices you have a few options:

• Find your Motorcycle / ATV / UTV / Scooter on our website under inventory and click "Request a Quote"
  • Call Sales at 423-855-5055
  • Click "Contact Us" in the top right corner of our webpage

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

I didn't know what the R meant. Probably why they still have it. I saw them unloading a truck full of Pioneers the other day. Probably 2021's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info