SHO

giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I go V of course, but I am a little biased... :D

As to reliability I have a more complicated "deathstar" in mine and in the 8 years I've owned it, it only went back to Cadillac twice.

1) To replace the low speed cooling fan (when two of the three screws holding it to the motor decided to back out). All covered under warranty, concierge thingy, got a brand new DTS as a loaner, yada, yada.

2) Recall for the fuel pump relay (which affected all V's), again, covered by GM, and while I didn't get a posh Cadillac, I got a lowly Cruze, again all paid for by GM despite the longer than expected time to fix it due to them breaking an exhaust stud from the manifold to the Y-Pipe and then having to source the GM replacement.

Others will point to my exhaust manifold issue earlier this year, but I think that issue stems from #2 above, in the process of trying to fix it, yanking hard on the converter and starting the crack that just developed over time.

Otherwise, trouble free 8 years, with 80k on it and I drive it like I stole it.

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008
I go V of course, but I am a little biased... :D

As to reliability I have a more complicated "deathstar" in mine and in the 8 years I've owned it, it only went back to Cadillac twice.

1) To replace the low speed cooling fan (when two of the three screws holding it to the motor decided to back out). All covered under warranty, concierge thingy, got a brand new DTS as a loaner, yada, yada.

2) Recall for the fuel pump relay (which affected all V's), again, covered by GM, and while I didn't get a posh Cadillac, I got a lowly Cruze, again all paid for by GM despite the longer than expected time to fix it due to them breaking an exhaust stud from the manifold to the Y-Pipe and then having to source the GM replacement.

Others will point to my exhaust manifold issue earlier this year, but I think that issue stems from #2 above, in the process of trying to fix it, yanking hard on the converter and starting the crack that just developed over time.

Otherwise, trouble free 8 years, with 80k on it and I drive it like I stole it.

How is it in the snow?

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Terrible. Even with good tires (not snows, but good Michelins). It was one of the reasons, I got and have always had a winter beater.

The reason is, that it is in to boost nearly off idle. So any throttle it's laying down some significant torque. On a salt covered road, I almost took out a Chrysler mini-van on Shales Parkway here in Elgin that first winter I had it and I was just breathing on the gas.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Just a function of that amount of power. With a new V, you're gonna be putting down something in the mid-500's to the rears for both HP and torque. Couple that with cold, salty roads, it's gonna be a handful with even the best winter/snow tire on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info