CSC build

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Can i ask why though??

there is a reason that no body really has those on the Wbodys..
I'm with Ryan... I don't see a benefit to this. You lack the efficiency and flat torque curve of a turbo and the low end torque of a roots blower...

The super built Novi cars were only running high 10's, not that that's anything to sneeze at but I can't see why anyone would choose to run one of these when the turbo kits are so cheap.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm with Ryan... I don't see a benefit to this. You lack the efficiency and flat torque curve of a turbo and the low end torque of a roots blower...

The super built Novi cars were only running high 10's, not that that's anything to sneeze at but I can't see why anyone would choose to run one of these when the turbo kits are so cheap.

*1. He got a great price on a unit that doesnt have few of the drawbacks the original kits oversized blowers had.
2. Less abuse on the trans
3. Something a little classic and unique for the 3800
4. Easier to perform simple maintance(vs CT kits anyways)
5. Will make more power and produce faster times then Mike Ks turbo GP will ever.:s00ls:

if it was a money thing, oscar would of gone turbo. He hunts for deals and doesnt just buy things. Part hunting will be/is the longest part of the build.

to quote a man that has seen/built most of the 3800 csc builds -
"First, not many front-wheel drive cars can put down a lot of power off the line. CSC power comes in smoother which makes launching easier. Second, the torque curve of a CSC is fairly flat. Since torque is basically a measurement of how much power the engine can make at one instant, it is what can harm an engine or transmission the easiest. Peak torque is where the engine is most likely to detonate. A CSC doesn't create the huge torque numbers that a turbo does that can easily cause detonation. Also, the trans will hold up better with the power curve from a CSC. Finally, since the exhaust on a CSC powered engine can be built much differently than a turbo engine, the CSC engine can use a more aggressive cam profile in most cases."

The "super built" novi cars were nothing more then swaping the m-90 out for the novi. If the same weight reduction and traction aids were applied to those cars as they were for the 10 sec turbo cars, similar times would of been possible.
Hell look at where tuning was back then compared to now, its been 5 years.

To be honest would anyone even car if another turbo GP went 12's,11's or even 10s? Im thinking not really. Im a huge fan of turbos, but with this build we hope it will get a few people interested again in going other routes for big power on there DD.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
What's considered a cheap turbo kit? The same could be said for Jonbob's Whipple build that he is doing. There are so many custom fab'd parts it's stupid expensive but I guess in the end, he can say he did it. I just hope it's worth the money to say so. :dunno:

dont even look at jonbobs build, it still hasnt gone anywhere despite what probably could buy a small house somewhere by now with all the money dumped into that setup... its awesome to look at but damn, rediculous

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Jonbob's car will get done, but PRJ is building it so it doesn't break, unfortunately that costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. I personally would just break stuff and replace it later, but that's because i have no patience.

C

CurlysGTP

for what i got the blower for i wont complain and its smaller than a novi 2000 so it will spool quicker.
Jonbob's car will get done, but PRJ is building it so it doesn't break, unfortunately that costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. I personally would just break stuff and replace it later, but that's because i have no patience.
and me and bob came to an agreement he will not touch this build so i think it will be good:bigthumb:jk bob

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Paul is the type of person that will spend 100% more to get 5% more gain. If ZZP/ WBS offer an intercooler that has 99% efficiency for $1000, Paul think's it's worth it to spend $1000 more to get that extra 1%. From a business standpoint it's silly but when you have someone with apparently deep pockets, like Jon, I guess it works.

That mentality is the same reason Paul often knocks the vendor's offerings though. What he doesn't realize is that it's not worth the 500% increase in price that would be necessary to get a 10% increase in efficiency... (I'm talking about any product here, not just intercoolers).

Sorry, got off on a tangent there!

Oscar, my apologies for being a douche. If you like it go nuts. Who am I to question what kind of build anyone does?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info