Cruise For The Kids

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Copied and pasted from CAMM Forum. Thinking of doing this in my Regal, sounds like a decent time and gets everyone out of the house for a while.

Cruise for the Kids

Sunday at 1 PM – 3:30 PM

DuPage County Sheriff's Office
Hosted by DuPage County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff James Mendrick and the DuPage County Sheriff's Office, along with our local businesses, fire departments, police departments, and the Mike Mashal family, would like to invite you to attend our "Cruise For The Kids"! Many of you have been cooped up at home with the kids for the last couple of weeks now and what better way to stretch your legs than to get out of the house, set up your lawn chairs in front, and have us come to you for some vehicular entertainment!

On Sunday, May 3rd, at 1:00 p.m. our mobile car cruise parade will be departing westbound from the area of Rt. 59 & Rt. 64 and begin a designated route through several communities in the West Chicago/Carol Stream area. This parade will be made up of various vehicles to include police, fire, muscle cars, exotic cars, local tow trucks, big rigs and more!

The route with approximate times is as follows:
1. Prairie Crossing neighborhood - 1:00 to 1:20
2. Timberlane neighborhood - 1:20 to 1:30
3. Iroquois neighborhood - 1:30 to 1:40
4. Birchbark neighborhood - 1:40 to 2:00
5. Rolling Oaks neighborhood - 2:00 to 2:20
6. Lies Road - 2:20 to 2:30
7. County Farm Road (between Lies and Rt. 64) - 2:30 to 2:40
8. North Avenue (between County Farm and Prince Crossing) - 2:40 to 2:50
9. Prince Cossing - 2:50 to 3:00
10. Persimmon neighborhood - 3:00 to 3:10
11. Rosewood neighborhood - 3:10 to 3:30

If anyone with a show vehicle as mentioned above that would like to participate in the "Cruise For The Kids" parade, please contact Lt. Brian Thompson at 630-327-2536 or at [email protected]. Please spread the word of this event and we look forward to seeing everyone on the parade route soon!

Reactions: greasy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I did and haven't received anything back. We might be too late.
He emailed me back saying it went to his spam filter. See below, sounds like anyone can show up.
Pending what I drink tonight (beer or Tequila) will dictate if I make it lol.

Sorry this ended up in the spam folder somehow...
Glad to have you join us! Rain or shine Please be at the staging area by 1230 on Sunday May 3rd, the large parking lot behind the McDonalds at the intersection of north ave and rt 59. See you there! No registration required.

Reactions: greasy

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Way too many cars
8ec9ef111d6c9cdeee0027b09ff7380a.jpg
10c77ec9b23ddcaad8bc3693a0758687.jpg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yea im pretty illiterate when it comes to stuff like that lol
Easy peasy. Just open Chrome (or whatever browser is on your phone) and then use the site like you would if you were on your computer. The site works great on mobile since we swapped forum software last year.

I'll look into why Tapa is uploading like shit. Are you on an iphone?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Interesting. Are you using our branded app (titled Chicago Garage) or are you using the regular tapatalk app? I just tested uploading an image on the standard tapatalk app and it works flawless.

If its our branded app, I ended support for that early in 2019 and its likely the reason for the image issue.

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Interesting. Are you using our branded app (titled Chicago Garage) or are you using the regular tapatalk app? I just tested uploading an image on the standard tapatalk app and it works flawless.

If its our branded app, I ended support for that early in 2019 and its likely the reason for the image issue.
Yea its the branded app so.... guess ill have to get on board

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yea its the branded app so.... guess ill have to get on board

You can download the regular tapatalk app and it'll work perfect. I'm gonna try and push an update to our branded app on Android, it should happen (with any luck) in the next 7 or so days.

Apparently im an idiot and basically chose not to push an update for the app since February of last year. Woops.

Thread Info