comcast doin work!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
someone explain to me what this website is? Is this a service you can purchase for your home or buisness only?

http://fdcservers.net/

Its web hosting. If you need full control over the server eg., database administration, then you want to lease a server, not just a virtual site on a server with 3000 other customers.

colocation is when i rent rack space from you to put my server in your data center.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I'm happy with mine.

Guys, optimize your connections if you haven't already. Here's a free and easy program put out by the speedguide.net site. The program will save your original settings in case you don't like the optimized settings. Once you download and run the program, set your connection speed, click "optimal settings" and apply. I gained 1,000KBPS by running the program. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Thanks for posting. I'll have to try that!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
well sure you can tweak the tcp stack to test better, but there's more to a connection than that. the requirements for streaming video are different from the requirements for super fast large file uploads/downloads.

the computer optimized for download speed probably drops packets like mad while gaming.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
well sure you can tweak the tcp stack to test better, but there's more to a connection than that. the requirements for streaming video are different from the requirements for super fast large file uploads/downloads.

the computer optimized for download speed probably drops packets like mad while gaming.

There's a lot more to the optimizer program than I understand so I used the "optimal" setting. Maybe some of you gurus can translate for the rest of us.

"SG TCP Optimizer

TCP Optimizer
Description: The TCP Optimizer is a free, easy Windows program that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation required, just download and run.

The program can aid both the novice and the advanced user in tweaking related TCP/IP parameters in the Windows Registry, making it easy to tune your system to the type of Internet connection used. The tool uses advanced algorithms, and the bandwidth*delay product to find the best TCP Window for your specific connection speed. It provides for easy tuning of all related TCP/IP parameters, such as MTU, RWIN, and even advanced ones like QoS and ToS/Diffserv prioritization. The program works with all current versions of Windows, and includes additional tools, such as testing average latency over multiple hosts, and finding the largest possible packet size (MTU).

The TCP Optimizer is targeted towards broadband internet connections, however it can be helpful with tuning any internet connection type, from dialup to Gigabit+ :)

If you need help with the program, check the TCP Optimizer documentation, read our broadband tweaking articles, the Optimizer FAQ, and/or visit our Forums. The program can be freely (re)distributed, as long as you give us proper credit as the author, and it is not sold for profit. "

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info