• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Climate Control mounted Gauges

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else had done something similar

My ranger has no climate control in it any longer due to the swap, and I was debating about 'gutting out' the controls to use for a gauge pod.

Granted this is not very large, but 'smaller' gauges would work great here.

Has anyone here done something such as this before? There a certain brand that sells good 'small' gauges? The 'small' set 3 sunpro gauges at all autozones would fit PERFECTLY, but they are all mechanical gauges, and I have no need one of the gauges it comes with. Wanted to do Oil Temp, Trans Temp, and then maybe replace the last one with the E-fan switch with a 3 position Dial/knob/rocker *Off/Low/High*

*Not my truck, but for reference*

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure, measure out the height so you can determine what size gauges you can fit and fab up a plate. Done deal. Not hard at all.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
They have a small 3 gauge set at summit. It would be better to just ditch the whole panel and put a sheet of aluminum and make your own setup with normal sized gauges.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wait; do you want to put a gauge where each knob is or just in that panel area?

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Wait; do you want to put a gauge where each knob is or just in that panel area?
I was going to gut and use the 'module' as the mounting plate basically. I was going to use a hole saw and cut out the plate to match gauges I was thinking, and then paint it wrinkle black again to match the interior.

boost21

Reaction score
Just use the space and make a plate to hold regular gauges. Here is what a friend did with a grand am and air ride gauges

boost21

Reaction score
Should be able to see it now. The actual knobs were moved to the glove box on this car lol

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is the type of thing I'm looking to do :bigthumb:
That's uber easy Dan. Just get some aluminum plate and a hole saw. They also make angled trim rings so you can point them up or towards you. Or I have some carbon fiber you could play with and make your own carbon plate. I made my single din pocket with it. It's pure carbon weave "fabric". You'd have to apply resin to it to make some plate.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lucky for me, my vents are round and readily accept a normal sized gauge with a little bit of dremel work.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
lucky for me, my vents are round and readily accept a normal sized gauge with a little bit of dremel work.
I put my boost gauge in my vent; it was awesome till it got real hot and I didn't get much A/C blasting at me. I put a stock vent back in. I liked the placement though. :dunno:

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My vents are in groups of two. I snip the tab that connects the two doors inside the vent assembly, seal off the one that holds the gauge, and then it just comes out stronger from the remaining open vent.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ah I see...sweet! I've got one on each side of my steering wheel. I still want to find a place to put my gauge. Right now I'm rocking the tiny stocker. It still annoys me on the column blocking my fuel gauge.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
2 1/16" 's should work fine it looks like, I would imagine the faceplate should come off of the HVAC controls, just a matter making the holes accomodate the gauges, paint it, then mounting it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom