đź“° Auto News Chicago 2010: Chevrolet rolls out Caprice Police Car

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
KJ Im going to disagree, the new Jaguar XF is hot and has nice design. I'm not saying cars should have fins like they used to Im simply saying GM's designers need to go back to school. They are like community school engineers. With no vision at all. where are the body lines? there are no styling cues except for the stupid split grille. One shitty design element doesn't mean the car has style IMO

Oh and what would you rather have?

2010-jaguar-xfr_100191526_m.jpg

2006-Mercedes-Benz-S-65-AMG-SA-Speed-1280x960.jpg

2009.chevrolet.impala.20239053-396x249.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lol you are being silly. and i love caps lock.

take any luxury car- and my mom, my grandma- my friends who dont know how to change their own oil- and remove the badges- they wouldnt know what car is what- dont get me wrong a base model impala is ugly yes. but still- that jag could be an infiniti- it could be a lexus- there is no style built into any cars like there was in the 50s...

some cars do look better than others yea- but nothing like the 50s had. and im not even saying cars in the 50s all looked awesome. but i am saying they took styling cues from everything. look at cadillac taillights from them- or fins- or the bird on the hood of a 56 chevy. all crazy style cues. now adays- that mercedes could easily be mistaken for any luxury car quite easily.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Dude what are you talking about? look at the fender flares of the benz, look at the bumpers, the door line, even with all of the badges taken off of the mercedes, It could NEVER be mistaken for an impala. The Impala doesn't have any body lines down the side, it is very utilitarian. Same goes for the jaguar, look, the hood alone on the jaguar has more style than the entire Impala. My point is, GM and other US automakers used to be at the top of the game, now they are producing junk like this? Also I didn't post the infinitis in that listing because I don't think they are very stylish, they are very bland, the g sedans and m's are very very bland.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Which part don't you fully understand?

The b- pillar back, on that jag- is g35 sedan.

you did read what i said right or.... ?

take any luxury car- and my mom, my grandma- my friends who dont know how to change their own oil- and remove the badges- they wouldnt know what car is what- dont get me wrong a base model impala is ugly yes. but still- that jag could be an infiniti- it could be a lexus- there is no style built into any cars like there was in the 50s...

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
yeah its a cop car, and thats fine, but this is in fact a car they do make, that sucks just like every other sedan they produce today, you're the one that started the debate my man. GM design sucking like this gets to me because I am a fan of GM but I wouldn't buy what they are selling. the 2 things I would buy are the Tahoe, and the corvette, thats it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info