đź“° Auto News Checking out the Hyundai Equus in person

MACH OH 1

Formerly DaGerdMan
Mar 22, 2009
Roselle IL
no matter which way you look at it, its still a Hyundai. and Hyundai's were made for budget class. i don't think people are going to spend 100g's on this when they sell other Hyundai's for like 10k new. its too big of a difference for an affordable car. it would be like Mercedes coming out with a 15,000 sedan. just doesn't work in my opinion.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
no matter which way you look at it, its still a Hyundai. and Hyundai's were made for budget class. i don't think people are going to spend 100g's on this when they sell other Hyundai's for like 10k new. its too big of a difference for an affordable car. it would be like Mercedes coming out with a 15,000 sedan. just doesn't work in my opinion.

Toyota did it with lexus:dunno:

how about nissan and infinity:dunno:

Those are all the same cars for the most part but higher end materials.

they are trying to create a luxury brand. There not gonna just go out and add new dealers and whatever else without testing out the market.

attist178

Buicks come with O2 tanks
Oct 18, 2007
Naperville, Illinois
True but they are different lines of cars... they should just stick to economy. I would personally be embarrassed to buy a luxury Hyundai because for the same price u can have a Benz or bmw and you know you are getting quality with the name and power...
No, you know you're getting a NAME and a BADGE with the money you'd spend on the equivalent BMW or Benz. Quality? Um--no.. Look where BMW and Benz are rated on reliability. Then look where Hyundai is.

attist178

Oct 18, 2007
Naperville, Illinois
i would never buy a hyndai for more than 30k its a cheap throw away economy car y are they going for luxury status? just copy other automakers damn style as usual

btw i love how theres no hyndai symbols anywhere on the vehicle lol
Have you actually driven a Hyundai lately? But you drive a Honda, so I'm not surprised.

They don't really put badges on their vehicles for their home-market. People there don't buy the car for the badge, and people don't need the badge to tell them it's a good car.

attist178

Oct 18, 2007
Naperville, Illinois
Oh helllll yes! This will be amaaazing if it's true!

Citing an unnamed source "close to the project," InsideLine is reporting that Hyundai plans to bring the Equus super-sedan to the States within the next two to three years. According to the insider, "... you wouldn't be too far off if you said the car was coming to the United States. Our chairman wants it."

Although the news doesn't come as a complete surprise, particularly considering Hyundai brought out an Equus to this week's New York Auto Show, the biggest hurdle to overcome is price. In its current form, the Equus starts at around $96,000, putting it squarely up against such high-dollar machinery as the Audi A8, BMW 7 series, Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Hyundai knows it's not ready to swim with the whale sharks of the luxury world, so it's hoping to get the sticker closer to $50,000 when equipped with the automaker's 5.0-liter V8 and new eight-speed transmission.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info