Chase credit card sucks

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
So yesterday I open my December statement and find out that they never received the check I sent them in November. So I pull out the check book and it shows I wrote out 7 checks including one to chase on 11/16. I call the bank and all the checks except the one to chase had been cashed. So I call Chase and they say they have recieved nothing, so I ask if I can take care of the payment over the phone and avoid the late interest charges and I get more good news. I was on a 0% until march of 08 and now because I have a late payment my 0% is OVER and now reset to the default rate.:mad: She proceeds to tell me there is nothing they can do for me once the rate resets. Just for the hell of it this morning I call and get the automated thing and it tells me they received my check yesterday. So I get through to an operator and he says oh yeah we received it yesterday but there is nothing we can do about the mail being slow. I mailed the dam thing on 11/16 and you got it on 12/10, bull shit. I have another card that has had a 0 balance for a few years and they let me flip over to them for 0% until June. Im paying this thing off by june and I am done with CCs. Sorry for the long thread I just found it a bit odd that they suddenly received my payment yesterday.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
You're bitching because you a) actually wrote a check and b) sent it USPS. you FAIL on both counts. Make the great leap into the 21st century and leverage the power of teh intarweb tubes. Then there is no doubt when it is posted. You got a check card with your account, right?

I ran out of checks over 3 years ago and haven't bothered to order more. They're just a waste of everyone's time.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
It seems that Chase might have a great scam going on. Talk about ultra-shitty customer service (actually Chase is known for this).

I have a similar story:
I've had a Shell gas card for 21 years. Never really gave it much thought since I only use it for gas and the main reason I've had it so long is because it makes it easy to track gas expenses.

Not too long ago, Shell passed the management of their gas card to Chase Card Services. In the 21 years I've been a Shell customer with that card, I have NEVER ever been late on a payment.

Rewind to a week ago:
I get my latest Shell card bill and there is an overdue balance, plus a $15 late fee, a $2.00 finance charge and my interest rate was raised from 16% to a whopping 45%. WTF!?

So, I immediately connect to my bank's on-line banking site and check to see what happened to the payment I made last month. The payment is there and it was made on-time. It was actually paid the same day I got the bill, so there is no way in hell it was late. I called my bank and they confirmed the payment went through on time.

So I call the bastards up at Shell and I get Chase Card Services. After arguing with the retard on the other end of the line, he finally agrees to waive the $15 late fee. Unfortunately, he wouldn't waive the $2.00 service charge or lower the interest rate back down to where it belonged. I was getting the same answer that "cobraj" got and they kept telling me "there is nothing they can do" about the finance charges or interest rate. WTF? It was THEIR MISTAKE, why can't they fix it? Why should I get shafted for their fuckup? Also, I wanted the interest rate lowered as a matter of principle, even though I never carry a balance.

All I kept hearing was "there's nothing we can do about it". What kind of customer service is that? The last thing you want to tell a customer is "there is nothing we can do". Chase must have a standing "screw the customer" policy.

After trying to reason with this idiot on the phone he finally hung up on me! That was just icing on the cake and a grand finale to the whole incident.

I immediately called back and cancelled my card and told them that I would never do business with Shell or Chase again, ever. They also didn't seem to give a rats ass that I was a customer for 21 years. They would rather get their $2.00 and lose a long-time customer instead of doing the right thing.

Everyone should definitely boycott Chase and anything they touch. This includes Shell Oil Company.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info