Certified used '12/13 Si, or new' 14 Mazda3?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Eh the manual will be out soonish for the 2.5 from what I was told.

Going from a 6 puck in the Z to the mazda I thought I was going to put my foot through the floor.

That would be the one to get, 2.5 with manual, but then the price goes up.

I feel you on the clutch. Getting out of a '90 Notchback and into the '92 Civic daily was always a rough transition. Felt like clutch pedal and shifter were not connected to anything, lol.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
What about the VW GTI or GLI? Good power, economy, refined interior and quality driving dynamics. Although you will have to use premium fuel. At the very least it's worth driving one just so you can rule it out...

Here is a 2012 GLI with 22k for $19.9. Extended warranty up to 125k is available also. 2012 Volkswagen GLI in Hillside, IL- 9823425 at carmax.com

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
What about the VW GTI or GLI? Good power, economy, refined interior and quality driving dynamics. Although you will have to use premium fuel. At the very least it's worth driving one just so you can rule it out...

Here is a 2012 GLI with 22k for $19.9. Extended warranty up to 125k is available also. 2012 Volkswagen GLI in Hillside, IL- 9823425 at carmax.com

I have a personal vendetta against VW after many of their cars have left me and my loved ones stranded.

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I'm driving a 2014 3i Grand Touring manual hatchback this weekend. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Do me a favor, and see if the leatherette is as bad as everyone says it is. I feel like they might be exaggerating, but I haven't seen one in person yet... Could be a deal breaker on waiting for an S touring to come out in manual.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is from our review. Not sure if it helps.

upholstery_2up.jpg

Leatherette on the left, real leather on the right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info