3800 CASPER's

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
This has been an ongoing thing which is why they haven't sold these in awhile.

You have to understand that they're going after any product that changes an emissions control device which is basically anything. Their (government) rules are left intentionally broad so they can target just about anything.

It's ashame really.

The "news report" that is put out is very misleading and one-sided.

Just FYI, we voluntarily removed and recalled the items from the market almost 1 year ago.

All I can say from expierence is good luck modding ANY part of your car in 5 years.... including injectors, MAF's, throttle bodies, any and all tuners and even, yes especially even, SCAN TOOLS.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Good luck with all of this Justin. That is sad to hear.

This EPA stuff is getting a little crazy these days.

BTW, have you guys heard that lawnmowers will be getting CATS soon? Avg increase in price is said to be 100-150 more bucks for the same lawnmower.

I dont think its to much to says that in the next 10 years, lawnmowers will have PCMs and be fuel injected.......I see a huge rise in lawnmowing services when the price of a mower start at $1000 or so for a push mower. :unsure: :eek: :ph34r:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Wow that is fucked up. Sorry to hear about the trouble Justin.

As far as moding cars in the future, Im sure there will be a way. They might not be street legal, but you will still have people doing it for their track cars, or just saying fuck it and drive on the street anyway.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
The EPA estimates that the increased emissions from installation of these devices over the life of the vehicles are 7,400 tons of hydrocarbons, 347,000 tons of carbon monoxide, and 6,000 tons of nitrogen oxides. This is equivalent to the emissions produced by a half- million cars with fully operational emission control systems over their lifetimes

Of course I would say most of the vehicles using these are not only highly tuned, but tuned more often than a normal stock vehicle. No one was buying them because they didn't want to keep their car tuned up and running well.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The EPA estimates that the increased emissions from installation of these devices over the life of the vehicles are 7,400 tons of hydrocarbons, 347,000 tons of carbon monoxide, and 6,000 tons of nitrogen oxides. This is equivalent to the emissions produced by a half- million cars with fully operational emission control systems over their lifetimes

Of course I would say most of the vehicles using these are not only highly tuned, but tuned more often than a normal stock vehicle. No one was buying them because they didn't want to keep their car tuned up and running well. [/b]

ok this is why this sucks:

with a market that propagates new cars very often what the EPA isnt including is the HC emissions from MAKING a newer car...you know how much CO2 is produced during the production of a catalytic converter? how about HC volatiles and VOC's from new carpet and plastic panels, casting of new parts etc.

in many cases built cars actually can LOWER the emissions of a vehicle....when i lived in Socal i met many guys that had to remove parts from their trucks to pass emissions and it actually made the vehicle "dirtier" but it now "passed" emissions

bullshit

if anything start getting the E85 network built up...it burns alot cleaner and i can bet that it'll be the gearheads that "recycle" and save all the polution from when an older car was originally made and make it even more efficient. vs's adding thats cars polution plus the polution of smelting it down etc to the environment as well as the polution from the new car thats made to replace it...and the future polution of it's engine.

save a part of america's history...restore and modify an older car....

if there's anything that will help the emissions issue out will be catalytic converters shoved up cow's ass' and our politicians as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info