• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Car leases. I want to learn

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I’ve been renting some cars on Turo for the past 6 months. It’s been going well, currently have 5. Looking to add another car or two to my fleet. Looking to decrease my monthly expenses and out of pocket so considering options with leases and seeing if it’s the better route than purchasing. I’ve bought a lot of cars before so I’m very familiar with the process but leasing is new to me. Couple things I’m trying to figure out:

What do I need to look for to make sure I’m getting a good deal on a lease?
Was talking to a subaru sales guy and he was saying that due to the high resale of Subarus, it would be cheaper to get a lease with lower miles and possibly pay for any mileage overages than paying for extra mileage up front. Wouldn’t be the same case for cars that don’t hold their value. How much care do I need to have towards the end of lease value?

Cars I’m considering: BMW 3 or 5 series, Tesla any model, another SUV. WRX or possibly STi (on the fence about that)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I’ve been renting some cars on Turo for the past 6 months. It’s been going well, currently have 5. Looking to add another car or two to my fleet. Looking to decrease my monthly expenses and out of pocket so considering options with leases and seeing if it’s the better route than purchasing. I’ve bought a lot of cars before so I’m very familiar with the process but leasing is new to me. Couple things I’m trying to figure out:

What do I need to look for to make sure I’m getting a good deal on a lease?
Was talking to a subaru sales guy and he was saying that due to the high resale of Subarus, it would be cheaper to get a lease with lower miles and possibly pay for any mileage overages than paying for extra mileage up front. Wouldn’t be the same case for cars that don’t hold their value. How much care do I need to have towards the end of lease value?

Cars I’m considering: BMW 3 or 5 series, Tesla any model, another SUV. WRX or possibly STi (on the fence about that)
the cost of the lease is pretty much what you would buy the car new for minus what the car is worth after your lease is up you pay the difference, anything thats going to have a high value in 2-3 years will be a cheap lease, and I wouldn't put money down to make your payment less

Reactions: Rebel

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
the cost of the lease is pretty much what you would buy the car new for minus what the car is worth after your lease is up you pay the difference, anything thats going to have a high value in 2-3 years will be a cheap lease, and I wouldn't put money down to make your payment less
Don’t forget the money factor. Manufacture like bmw are high and don’t really negotiate it impacts your monthly payment significantly

Reactions: Yaj Yak and 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info