Car buying time: Explorer vs Grand Cherokee

I own a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland. Love it. Purchased new, 15k miles not one issue, has not been back to dealer as I do my own oil changes. There is a recall to flash the stability control, but I'm afraid to take it because it's been so good.

I'm 6'2" 190 and it fits me perfect. Lots of room. After much looking, it came down to the same two vehicles for me as well. GC looks better....the interior is awesome, drives better, and has better resale. The adaptive suspension on the overland is what made me gravitate towards that model. The v6 gas engine performs excellent with the 8speed trans. Haven't towed other than just using a hitch cargo carrier. This is mainly the wife's minivan equivalent. ....I like it so much is making me hard for a hellcat jgc for my dd.

Edit,my local dealer pearl in peotone will do invoice on one, ask for grant.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
When my wife and I were in the market for an SUV we test drove quite a few (before we went with our MKX). I'm a smaller build (170 lbs) and still thought that the explorer had a lot more room than the GC. That's just my 2 cents.

Only reasons we didn't by the explorer is because we got a smoking deal on the MKX and we didn't need the 7 passenger seating. The GC was really nice but they weren't negotiating on price.

For what it's worth my buddy has a 13 explorer sport and loves it. The rear storage space when not configured for 7 and only 5 is exceptional.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
0cd26f48b485ca2b6cce62aa66c8cb4c.jpg

0.0x72 our last 15 expl limited

0cd26f48b485ca2b6cce62aa66c8cb4c.jpg

0.0x72 our last 15 expl limited

If you have good credit, which would be required for a0%loan anyway, then there are great deals by securing your own loan before going to the dealer. ...ie tech cu is usually at. 9 or 1.9. Better off taking rebate if any then you owe less the day you drive off the lot as well. ....plus thats on the old body style, better to buy used and enjoy the step first year ford depreciation if you are going to get the old body style anyway.

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I think I'm leaning towards a 2014+ GC Overland. I got in a 2011 and really liked it and all the features; that Quadra-Lift feature is pretty slick. I think I would get more out of paying the extra 5 grand and getting the newer model with less miles. Still need to drive an Explorer, but I can't see myself using the third row and justifying the extra overall length.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info