Oct 5, 2012
Oh, right

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rent Free

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I always thought the pops and bangs on decel were a normal thing for some cars...SS, Scat Pak, etc...I didn’t realize there were tunes that allowed you to have that...I initially thought it was going to be the lopey idle that was all the rage on Coyotes when they first came out to imitate big cams...

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think there's a fine line, and most people go WAY over it :ROFLMAO: That's one of the reasons I want to go with BM3 for my bmw, you can completely tweak every aspect of it and dial it WAY back if you want, or even have different settings for sport and sport+ modes. So you can tweak one to be normal, and one for douche mode if you really want to.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Never heard of it so googled. Seems to be a popular bmw thing? Don’t know why you’d want your car to sound broken.
Its that Rally sound from the anti-lag noises they make on decelerations.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a V8 that does it naturally.
The focus RS has a mild factory burble tune. #BlameFord
Its not so bad though, it only does it 1-3 times on a WOT upshift above 4000rpm. So its not really any more prevalent than a V8 that does it naturally.

Though V8's sound way better when they do it, especially naturally.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I always thought the pops and bangs on decel were a normal thing for some cars...SS, Scat Pak, etc...I didn’t realize there were tunes that allowed you to have that...I initially thought it was going to be the lopey idle that was all the rage on Coyotes when they first came out to imitate big cams...
its basically fucking with timing and fuel under no load deceleration. The term is 'overrun' or 'deceleration fuel cut off' when looking at fuel/timing tables.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
There’s some kid that goes up and down County Farm rd (which runs behind my house) about 8-10x a day and night on throttle/off throttle/on throttle/off throttle/on throttle/off throttle the whole fucking way, totally intentional. The popping is excessively loud and reverberates for a good mile.

Want to pull him out of his car by his tongue and smash his head through the fucking windshield until he’s an unidentifiable mess then shove his fart can or straight pipe up his ass sideways.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Its that Rally sound from the anti-lag noises they make on decelerations.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a V8 that does it naturally.

Its not so bad though, it only does it 1-3 times on a WOT upshift above 4000rpm. So its not really any more prevalent than a V8 that does it naturally.

Though V8's sound way better when they do it, especially naturally.
Except it’s not anti lag so you look like a fool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info